Friday, October 31, 2008

Skeletons in My Closet

Today: fun fossilized fashions and other Halloween horrors/ joys! CC thinks you will love this post even if you don't celebrate the pagan holiday...
Runway images via style.com except where noted.
At right: Alexander McQueen
Bernhard Willhelm, via nymag.com
Christian Lacroix necklace and cuff (CC loves these fun fossils!)
Japanese designers Hokuto Katsui and Nao Yagi, photo courtesy Fellow Fashionista Kira of Kira Fashion.
ASOS pearl wristband with skull cameo - scary pretty, right darlings?
Alexander McQueen chiffon scarf, at net-a-porter.com.
At right: Jan Leslie cuff links, available at Bergdorf Goodman.
Jade Jagger pendant necklace, currently half off at net-a-porter.com.
Juana Peekaboo Skull Ring by Fellow Fashionista Wendy Brandes.
Menswear? Boooootiful~
Willliam Rast Spring 2009 cuffed jean
Cardigan (right) and Peckham Rye silk tie, both at asos.com.
At right: E. vil Crystal Skull burnout tee, at intermixonline.com.
Religion skull-print inset spaghetti strap dress, at asos.com.
Subtly spooky: Tara Matthews skull print top, a mere $96 at net-a-porter.com
CC’s fave of the skeletal lot: Thomas Wylde Warrior skull buckle boots, also at net-a-porter.com.

HALLOWEEN EXTRAS:
CC's pumpkin patch pics and CC & sister Mindy's pumpkins, which we carved last night :)
All Hallow's Eve Link Love:

  • Fellow Fashionista Nothing Elegant has a fabulous Halloween-y post: click here.
  • Also, Fellow Fashionista Little Miss Dress Up has a really fun contest going on right now, so if you aren’t getting costumed for Halloween (or even if you are!), go here and maybe you can win a fab handbag just for emulating one of our fellow fashionistas.
  • Lastly, you simply must check out this fashion-costume post by Fellow Fashionista Poeta Fit.


Scrumptious Halloween goodies...
Creepy Comestibles!
Sure, a bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups will do the trick, but CC also loves elenis.com sugar cookies
and Halloween moonpies.
A devilish doormat for the witchy woman. This and previous at neimanmarcus.com.
Scary Wearables
Giles and Brother bat studs, at shopbop.com
Tophat, an image from Valerie Steele’s Gothic Dark Glamour, via nytimes.com
Perhaps you could be a Referee by wearing the Loeffler Randall Epaulet top pictured below? Available at shopbop.com.

These are the costumes that CC’s Fellow Fashionistas report they’ll be wearing this year:
The White Stripes
Karl Lagerfeld
Cat
Sarah Palin
Coco Chanel
Princess Leia
Sexy Schoolgirl
Cleopatra
Hula girl
Big Bird
Dominatrix
Greek Goddess
Batman (the new one)
Chiquita Banana
Princess
Flapper
Galadriel from Lord of the Rings
Pirate
Vampire
Little Girl
Did I forget anyone? Hope you all have a super-fashionable and not-too-spooky Halloween!

Did CC mention that she got these admittedly Halloween-y Oh Deer! shoes from solestuck.com? They are fab and guess what? Now through Nov 4th, election day (please don't forget to vote!), Solestruck is offering CC readers a special discount. Use the discount code VOTENOV4 to receive 20% off your order (including sale items!) now through Nov 4th.

Now that's a treat!

36 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad that you included WendyB's Juana ring!

La Belette Rouge said...

No bones about it, love all the skeletony goodness you found. Much better than candy.

And, I love CC's "carving creations".
Happy Halloween!!!:-)

Lorentzo said...

I don't like skeletons very much... Very out of fashion in my opinion.

Kisses!

WendyB said...

Thanks for the mention. Love that top hat!

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

SUCH fun options. happy halloween!!!

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

Oh, CC, I'm afraid this time I'm not with you. I don't like scary. I don't even ever watch scary movies! I'm more a 'pumpkin girl' :)
Happy, happy Halloween CC!

agnes said...

let see.... Let them be my Halloweeen costume!!! lol.

Angela said...

happy halloween. i will take some of those cookies please.

GuapĆ³loga said...

Ha ha ha! I love skulls! Actually, I've just discover at Company Kids's catalog sheets and blankets of hearts and skulls that are so cool for my daughter!! Shame she's still a baby, otherwise, I certanly could buy it for her (and being admirer by me ha ha ha).

By the way, don't miss my post about Madonna's Concert, I have photos!!

Kiss darling, and thanks for the discount code!

Simone

Anabel said...

oh wow...

I'll take the cookies

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

The Lacroix exoskeletons are TOO. COOL.
Hope you're having a fab Hallowe'en CC!
xo
S

Kira Aderne said...

hi my sweet friend!

Thanks for the refence for my blog! I love this rocker fashion, i guess is so me!

a kiss for you!

petite and dynamite said...

LOVE THE WENDY BRANDES RING --

I have the necklace and get compliments all the time!!

It's soooo booo tiful!!

Happy Halloween, darlings..

Siljesfashion said...

Very cool,happy Halloween!

TeenStylista said...

I love your blog. Can you check out mine and tell me if you like it by posting a comment. I'm trying to learn from the best in this whole blogging communtiy. If you think there's room for improvement, please go ahead and tell me what you think I should fix on my blog with a comment.

♥ Cara Mia ♥ said...

love the Thomas wylde boots!

so is the fabulous cc dressing up tonight? i wanted to go as columbia from the rock horror picture show but i'm staying in tonight. it might be a red wine & dark chocolate night!
uh oh!
;-)

MISS GLITZY said...

Great Halloween post. The boots are quite amazing.

leeselooks said...

happy halloween cc.

i hope you eat heaps of mini-candies for me!

loved Willian Rast styling.
perfect.

have a wonderful weekend!!!

x.

Unknown said...

oooh! Fantastic halloweeny finds!

Tiffany said...

great post! A lot of skully stuff I have not seen before.

I like the new header picture too!

chauss said...

love the TW boots!!!!!! and the cupcakes! and all the tetes de mort!

Mimi said...

Happy Halloween!
I'm sick of skeletons because they were nearly everywhere last year.Only sometimes they look good.

Anonymous said...

Haha, the post title is so fun :)
This was a great trend-update, right in time for Halloween.

Btw, I haven't been here for such a long time, I hadn't noticed your new header. It is GORGEOUS! Who is it? I can't really tell...

Happy Halloween CC!

Seeker said...

Those skeletons are somehow scary (lol)

I also love CC's "carving creations"!
And your new header, love it!!!

Happy halloween, enjoy your time and have fun.

xoxo

La Clocharde said...

Wow, wow, wow...what a research work here.
Impeccable, as always...I love your posts, they are an inspiration.

And the new header is really pretty!!

Miranda said...

happy halloween cc!
what's your costume :)

Cammila said...

Wonderful! All the best things about Halloween! Oh how I want that little bat...

Make Do Style said...

Spooky stuff and stylish bones.

ashleigh said...

i can NEVER have enough skulls i love them on everything. i think it's my pirate fascination.

Songy said...

I can never resist skull motives. I'd kill to have Wendy's stuff.

Jess said...

Orgh, I don't know about this one. Those first few pictures really creep me out - what with the ribcgae wrapped around the catwalk models head?

Sasi said...

I have to admit the wristband is cute:)

Mary said...

Great post
I love skulls, they're so rock'n'roll

Hunters Glory said...

Boo!

loved the post cc!

;0!

Fashion_Girl22 said...

I love peices with skeletons so much!
For some reason, they are just so me. They are probably my most favorite things.

Guess who is going to see the GOthic Dark Glamour exhibit tommorrow?
Yes, yours truly.

Always In Style said...

I totally love these picks - I've been lusting over Wendy B's ring for a while now!