Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Licorice and Clotted Cream

L&CC: An unlikely culinary pair, but a wonderful color combination! Ever so much more chic than basic B&W, in CC’s humble estimation!
At right, Armani Privé Swarovski crystal and beaded cape and silk velvet pants, featured in W.
Runway amuse bouche:
At left: Ailanto.
This and next courtesy Spanish Vogue. Visit vogue.es.
Elio Berhanyer
Paul Smith, courtesy style.com.
Temperley
This and next via nymag.com.
Christopher Kane
Accessorize Así:
Ernesto Esposito lace and suede peep toe ankle wrap platform pump, via style.it Ciao, bellas!
Betsey Johnson Reese bow pump, at revolveclothing.com
Miu Miu lightening bolt heel boots, at net-a-porter.com.
Prada sand pleated satin suede trim pumps bluefly.com – CC loves!
Colin Stuart lace-up oxford pump, at victoriassecret.com.
Crème satin Polka Dot bra. Visit forever21.com.
The chicest Trick-or-Treat bag EVER, for all that licorice? Steve Madden Medallion canvas tote, pictured at right and available at victoriassecret.com.
Talk about a fresh coat!
CC adores this graphic look: Anne Leman coat, Splendid leggings, and Giuseppe Zanotti boots, at chickdowntown.com
Biya cream floral silk and linen Madrid coat, at bluefly.com.
Foley & Corrina pleated peplum blouse, at revolveclothing.com. All you Fellow Fashionistas know how CC loves a peplum!
Dresses that are nearly good enough to eat!
Ingwa Melero Opal Elisabet Ponti mini dress. Go to chickdowntown.com.
Chloé layered chiffon gown net-a-porter.com.
NU Collective high waist dress. Visit revolveclothing.com.
Yves Saint Laurent Arabesque print dress, at Neiman Marcus.
Milly cummerbund dress, at shopbop.com.
Carmen Marc Valvo feather tier sheath, at Bergdorf Goodman.

Tell me darlings, do you prefer B&W or L&CC?
Are you a black licorice fan?
CC rather adores Good’n’Plenty . . .
Pop Quiz: How many languages were used in CC’s post today?

44 comments:

Fashion Moment said...

If woman wants be a lady, she should wear Paul Smith... :)

FM

La Belette Rouge said...

I have never tried the taste or sartorial combination. You make it look so delicious that I might try it. I am usually more of a red vine kind of gal.;-)

WendyB said...

I think I want to wear a crystal cape with my boobies hanging out :-)

Anthea said...

Beautiful! Wow I am the first to comment..imagine that? You are doing so well with your blog :) Congrats! Love the black and white shoes they are everywhere. It seems like every Vogue but American Vogue is doing something brilliant agree?

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!!

leeselooks said...

black & white all the way.

nothing is more pure & classic.

that ysl is a *dream*

ahhhhhh cc. everytime. you make me melt.

have a beautiful day girl.
x.

READY, SET, GO! said...

I love this colouring, everything looks beautiful and classic! You always have wonderful picks of things that make me long for them! :)

Make Do Style said...

Owh very clever and it looks so lovely posted as L&C

Katarina Kühl ~ PencilFashion said...

very pretty dresses!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

That Temperley piece is deliciousss! CC dear, I've linked you on my latest post... Thanks so much luv!

we wear things said...

i think this color combination is tres chic...

Jasnaaa said...

Beautifull!! <3

♥ Cara Mia ♥ said...

the ailanto dress is gorgeous! i just love that whole look!

i don't know if i'll be dressing up for halloween, although my inner drag queen might surface and want to wear something crazy! :)
what about you, any plans?

MISS GLITZY said...

Yes, I'm a black licorice fan and the Prada's pump is so chic and elegant. Just love it.

Katie B. said...

I love chickdowntown! they have the best lines there.

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

Thanks for the amazing compliments CC - you are too sweet!
Great, great compilation - I've always loved this colour combo and you always provide even more inspiration!

Jadore-Fashion said...

am back, how are you? miss reading your wonderful post.

I like both combination--so calm. can't go wrong with both colors.

ps: thanks for the compliment and journey wishes..

Seeker said...

Great pieces.

xoxo

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I just LOVE black and white together.

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

LOVE this color combination! Beautiful post as usual!

Angela said...

i am a l and cc gal now. although i used to be black and white.

clareassiral said...

oh i love the first picture on the right!

miss vintage love said...

I need that bra!

Miranda said...

i like both ! :)

Meg said...

That is the prettiest bra ever! I think I need to take a trip to Forever 21.

Tricia said...

man, those miu miu lightning bolt shoe boots, want them! black and cream is the best.

Da Fashionista said...

my favorite combo ;)

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

The clothes are gorgeous! Specially the one with the pearls all over, what a romantic outfit

Anonymous said...

gosh babes!! fabulous post! i love all the pix and those miu miu pumps are extraordinary!! i love b&w and u made me love the CC!!!

Annie Spandex said...

Lol @ WendyB's comment :D

Miss Urbanita said...

Fantastic Ernesto Esposito sandals!

Marian said...

Delicious post title Carrie!Those colours work so well together!You would not think they'd compliment each other but they really do.The dresses you featured are fabu! They be wonderful for a cocktail event or so with some cake and clotted cream ;o)
The lightning bolt booties are terrific too,they remind me of a pair of similar booties my cousin had in the late eighties/early nineties. How i wanted them!
Oh darling I hope that your sister gets a pair or two from topshop's tall section that work.over here in UK it is my only choice for 36inch seams which does it get super boring sometimes.
muah xx
Marian

Jess said...

Nice! I really like this look. I'm not quite sure that it is "clotted cream and liquorice" but it's a nice image.
I want those Betsey Johnson Reese bow pumps. So cute!

Songy said...

What a cool title. I like the Elio suit.

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow this is so chic...

Lisa said...

I love this colour combo! Haha I actually bought a pair of two-toned pumps in this colour combo while in London.

handbagsdealer said...

I love your blog. It's always filled with pretty pictures! :)


welcome visit our site:
http://www.handbagsdealer.com

Wendy said...

The shoes.... oh my!

Aliena said...

Love those Oxford Pumps, and the white coat, and... well, I think it will be much quicker and just say: everything!!!

Carolina Lange said...

Beautiful! Adore it all! The shoes are gorgeous!

Myriam said...

All these pieces are fabulous and I adore the shoes!

Most08-10 said...

Where did you get the Ernesto Esposito suede black and white shoes?! I have been looking everywhere for them for my wedding.

Most08-10 said...

Where did you get the Ernesto Eposito suede bow shoes?! I have been looking everywhere for them to wear for my wedding!

Couture Carrie said...

I got the photo of the Ernesto Esposito pumps over a year ago on stye.it. Hope you find the perfect shoes for your wedding!

xoxox,
CC