Monday, October 27, 2008

Delish Delicates

Anyone planning to be a Freudian Slip for Halloween (a la Meg Ryan in D.O.A.)?
For starters: A Blumarine silk dress on the runway (right) and paired with bespoke Strumpet & Pink briefs in a scandalous W editorial spread (left).
CC covets Jenny Packham's luscious lavender-rose mini dress.
This and previous runway photo via nymag.com. Other runway pics courtesy style.com except where noted.
A.F. Vandevorst lingerie look – It’s a tad raunchy but CC adores it!
Christopher Kane - sweet and sheer, yet wearable!
Antonio Berardi - helloooooo, LWD!
Antonio Marras, via nymag.com
Brazen Bustiers and Corseted Frocks
Matthew Williamson
At right: January Jones in Dolce & Gabbana, via nytimes.com.
Christian Dior black bustier
Christian Lacroix white bustier
Left: Lovely laces on a nude bustier dress at Dolce & Gabbana
Right: DSquared2's lingerie look
A.F. Vandevorst - CC loves this cheeky layering!
Ingwa Melero taupe charmeuse Sofia dress chickdowntown.com - CC is in loooooove!
Princesse Tam Tam plaid suspender basque, at asos.com.
Black Halo bustier dress, at chickdowntown.com
Rebecca Taylor Rosie floral bra cup cami dress. This and next 2 at shopbop.com.
Right: Ports 1961 tulle-trimmed slip dress with underwire bustier detail at bodice.
Left: Pencey corset vest
Nightgown for day?
Paul Smith
Luisa Beccaria
La Perla
CC is enamored of this off-the-shoulder frock and the buttery accessories it's paired with!
Cacharel...
Petticoat as overlay rather than undergarment?
Jean Paul Gaultier's precocious pink
Right: Haute Hippie mesh squares tank dress, at shopbop.com.
Left: Diane von Furstenberg teal silk slipdress with black lace trim, at barneys.com.
Would you wear this one out for cocktails, or kee it in the beaudoir?
At left: Dolce & Gabbana sheer black baby doll.
At right: Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti lace detail silk dress. Both at net-a-porter.com.
Animal instinct? A classic, at right: Dolce & Gabbana's Eva leopard chemise, at Bergdorf Goodman.
Query: Do these remind anyone of the Friends episode in which Rachel wore a nightgown to dinner with her boyfriend’s parents? CC can barely tell whether these frothy filaments are slips or dresses!
Bodacious Bras
Runway inspiration: Prada
CC adooooores a pretty bra that can be "exposed", SATC-style!
Deals of the Day: Forever 21 aqua ruffled mesh bandeau (right) and pinstripe corset bra (above).

Stella McCartney bra and slip, featured in vmagazine.com (left)and Mona Blinking floral bra (right, at net-a-porter.com).
So tell me, darlings, who are your favorite lingerie purveyors?

38 comments:

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

La Perla's off shoulder is gorgeousss, I am enamored too...
This label has grown beautifully each season...

baby C said...

i love your blog!:)

Syed said...

Love love love the soft colours and I have a thing for super constructed garments...as well as deconstructed, so I guess I like extremes!

Miss Urbanita said...

Lacroix forever!

Susanna-Cole King said...

As much as I can be a tough girl, in leather, I just love things that are lacy and delicate... or better yet, delicate mixed with tough... that's my favorite combination at the moment! :D

And aw thanks so much for your sweet comment, dear! :)

xoxo,
S-C

Unknown said...

oh yes i adore these delicate pieces.. so lovely and feminine!

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i'm all about this trend, 100%. i wore a lace slip out of the house on saturday and my boyfriend clearly wasn't aware that it was 'in.'

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

I would kill (not literally, but you know) for that Christopher Kane dress. Or any dress from that collection. Ahhhhh love it.
I definitely require more clothing along these lines...you have been inspirational to my wardrobe as always CC!

leeselooks said...

i want everything on here!

it puts all my knickers to shame.

i've wanted that STELLA set for ages...hmmmm it might be worth it?

also that 1961 PORT dress is pure love.

ahhhhh i think its worth it to have a few investment pieces. it truly makes you fell va-va-voom ;)

perfect for slumpy monday!

x.

Siru said...

I LOVE this "nude" and "lover" -look. I so would copy it if it wouldn't be freezing outside!

juliet xxx

please sir said...

Oh la la - I love all the frills!

Diego R. Wyatt said...

Happy Monday CC! I adore the Christopher Kane ensemble. I am in love with the Christian Lacroix look as well. I live for the soft, flowy delicates. Super sweet yet sexy.

Angela said...

i adore la perla. i like the jenny packham dress too.

SparkleQueen said...

love the Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti lace detail silk dress, it is beautiful! I wear victoria secret undergarments... that counts too right?

Charlotte said...

I loe Blumarine here, that pink "dress" is perfect. I love how great brunettes lok in pink.

Reena Rai said...

Ooooh awesome post! The best part of being in a relationship is a good excuse to buy gorgeous lingerie *sigh* Christopher Kane outfit is my favourite

MISS GLITZY said...

Such a beautiful selection as usual, just can't make a choice.

hollyshambles.x said...

mm, this post practically had me melting! i wish i had the courage to wear this sort of stuff daily -- it's absolutely stunning (:

and i adore the lacroix bustier - as i adore everything that fantastic man does! (:

Make Do Style said...

i love the jenny packham dress too plus JPG and Cacheral.

Marian said...

I never tire of reading your yummy blog,each post is delish!
Madonna did it in the 80's and 90's and im must admit its a trend i like but done right!This winter like last I will be rocking tons of soft vintage dresses inspired by grandma nightgowns with leather and faux fur.Stella and Lacroix do them best. The PORT dress is inspiring!!
kisses CC,
Marian

La Belette Rouge said...

Freud would have dropped his cigar and off the couch for these slip dresses. Lovely!!

agnes said...

i will wear all these if my chest filled out..lol

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

Love that Blumarine silk dress! Gorgeous and cute :)

la petite fashionista said...

haha i love the idea of being a "freudian slip" for halloween.

so witty!

glory said...

me gusta mucho esta tendencia pero no creo ser lo suficientemente sexy para poder llevarla... saludos

Maki said...

I thought Mona blinking floral bra is pretty; love the color:)

hannah-rose said...

oooh beautiful slips and lingerie! i love having something delicate and sweet like lingerie and pairing it with something crazy and tough, like a leather jacket or bondage shoes... i know it's not very original. but it's so cool!

my fvourite lingerie is agent provocateur... very retro and burlesque, which i think is gorgeous.
thanks for the comment!

XXX

Maki said...

I love Mona's blinking bra; the color is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

the tam tam ones...and the perfectly constructed one..like that white one on a black girl...(sowie cnt rem the des.)..

WendyB said...

La Perla is great.

Lil Midget said...

Corsets! LOVE :D

xx

Nemerae said...

Hi!
No matter, thanks :)
I like a lot how these bustiers look in models and celebrities, but I think it's not my cup of tea.. altought I have a t-shirt with a form very similtar to a bustier. I prefer it for lingerie!
And you have post so many sweet dresses! :)
Btw, I love tahat stunning Dior shoes in the first photo!!
Byee
xx

Lise said...

I adore that La Perla dress!!

stellawantstodie said...

I love la perla and Victoria secrets
also oysho

Songy said...

that's exactly what I'm after for my third wedding gown.. Antonio Marras type.. yum..

I gave you an award today.. I know you get heaps of those but here's my way of showing the love for your blog. :P

Moda y un poco más said...

Muy sexys

Missa said...

Ooooh, that petticoat dress is SO adorable!

Sasi said...

I really loved that Blumarine collection!