Thursday, October 30, 2008

Leaf It To Me!

Yesterday: nature’s autumn leaves. Today: fashion’s fab foliage! Darlings, leaf prints are a TREEt! They feel more modern than florals right now (though, not to worry – lawn prints are hot for Spring 2009). The runway inspirations are nearly infinite, and utterly divine, as "natural" art inspirations aspire to be, but rarely achieve. At left, Gucci gets bodaciously botanical, with both maple leaves in typical fall shades (far left) and palm fronds in alluring aquamarine (near left).

At right, Vera Wang gives new meaning to the phrase "Splendor in the Grass".
Photos via style.com except where noted.
GOLD LEAVES:
Carolina Herrera Andrew Gn





Dries van Noten
LONG ON LEAVES

Left: Elio Berhanyer, via vogue.es
Right: Gucci Resort.
This was one of CC's favorite collections in recent memory - every piece, exquisite!
Badgley Mischka Oscar de la Renta Elie Saab
Ossie Clark
Agnes B., via nymag.com.
IN THE NURSERY (for small trees, not tiny kids)
At left: Tsumori Chisato meets the leaf blower!
This and next via vogue.fr.
Kenzo (CC's fave part of the ensem? Those booties!)
Emilio Pucci

Sari Gueron
Tibi
A.F. Vandevorst
Left: Tuleh - CC loves!
Right: Vera Wang, via nytimes.com

Vivienne Tam
Stella McCartney
Even accessories are getting flora-fied!
Runway inspiration: Valentino
In the stores:
Right: Citrine by the Stones gunmetal earrings, at revolveclothing.com.





Left: Kenneth Jay Lane gold-plated long leaf earrings. Visit my-wardrobe.com to buy.
Right: Giles & Brother large leaf earrings. Go to barneys.com.


You can eat your Leafy Greens, or you can wear them!
Matthew Williamson’s printed maxi is now 25% off; this and next 4 at net-a-porter.com.
Oscar de la Renta gold leaf embroidered black floor-length spaghetti strap gown.
CC is absolutely smitten with the demurely printed peachy Pringle 1815 frock pictured at right!
Deal of the Day: T-Bags magenta abstract leaf print v-neck jersey dress, on sale for $102. CC needs!
Day Birger et Mikkelsen embroidered permiwinkle kaftan dress, at right.
Hollywould Sylvie shift. Visit shopgoldyn.com.
Ali Ro dress, at montmartreny.com.
This lovely Badgley Mischka lime leaf-print silk dress is currently 40 percent off at bluefly.com.
The Chloé knockoffs have arrived at asos.com, and they’re just $48! Also in red…
Now make like a tree and get outta here! (Name that movie, darlings!).






36 comments:

Vintage Lollipops said...

So many beauties... wow, Vera Wang!!! Carolina Herrera!!!

Stunning...

♥ Marta ♥ said...

I definately adore this trend more than floral...It's so subtle and gentle :) I especially love the black and gold - really beautiful :)

Fashion Moment said...

Oh la la!
Darling, it is awesome.
I like Gucci Resort & Vivienne Tam.

FM

Unknown said...

I might sound simple, but I love it when designers use flowers and leafs.

They always look good on girls! and I enjoy being a girl!

I've added you on my list, do you wanna trade links?

Make Do Style said...

Gorgeous collection of such divers dresses under one theme!

Penny said...

ohhh i love brocade, i have always thought it is so glamorous

Unknown said...

Buen finde to you too!!

jajajajaja

Carolina Lange said...

So many amazing dresses! Wow!
I love the one from Carolina Herrera at the top of the post!

leeselooks said...

<3.

insanely delicate + natural.
such blessings all around us!


ah. i think it is safe to say I am obsessed with Stella McCartney. i have always loved her (especially her enviro. stance). so tha grey dress is pure love.

this was beautiful cc!

x.

Anonymous said...

awww.... boo ur too much!! another fabulous post!!
a bloody standing ovation!! woo hoo!! just leaf it to me and i'll leaf a comment!!*chuckles*

Alison Purple said...

I love the earrings and the shoes!! Fabulous!

Unknown said...

I love the Oscar de la Renta's design, that's simply divine!!

Xris
;o)

Angela said...

i absolutely adore the first orange dress.

Anonymous said...

yay more brocade! and i love your banner, because gwyneth paltrow is full of win
the fact that she is married to chris martin is just a bonus

nv said...

I love the black and gold dresses with leaves, so gorgeous <3

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I'm really into leaves. I had the opportunity to buy a gold dipped leaf and didn't...now I'm regretting it!

Sarah said...

Flowers are always pretty, but probably not for everyone. I suppose evening wear shld be as classic as possible... unless u have money to burn of course!

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

gorgeous compilation, I love this trend

clareassiral said...

oh that leafy booties are adorable

La Belette Rouge said...

Even your meme was on trend. Love this autumnal display of leaves. Today's post makes New England look like a land of blah, so-so trees.

SparkleQueen said...

This must be my favorite post!!! I love love love florals, it probably dominates 90% of my closet. It's great to see a post on it. My favorite would be the Dries van Noten.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Badgley Mischka's black & white gown looks so fab...almost like flying bats...err I'm in my Halloween mood I guess ;)

leaf-ly indeed CC!

WendyB said...

I have a nice leaf necklace coming up. Great minds think alike, I guess!

Unknown said...

I love the looks of leaves. I think it seems like it would be too obvious but there are so many interesting and lovely ways of interpreting the look that it almost always looks great and fresh. I was such a big fan of the Vivienne Tam and Carolina Herrera especially. Its just so feminine!

Meg said...

I love leaves, they're a great alternative to florals if you're just not in a floraly mood (it happens to me on occasion).

Aliena said...

that first gucci dress is gorgeous!

poeta fit, non nascitur said...

leaf it to you to come up with another style summary collage! :D

ohhh i love the stella mccartney dress with the see through details. so very sexy! pair that with the valentino necklace, then voila! the most fashionable person in the room!

nah said...

ooh! i like the big black and white dress:D beautiful!

Seeker said...

Oh, I haven't paid much attention to leaves in prints, but now that you call my attention there are great pieces indeed.

Thank you, beauty girl :)

xoxo

MakeupByRenRen said...

beautiful! so many different takes on it

Jadore-Fashion said...

beautiful, omg to carolina Herrera & Stella McCartney--so natural :)

have a fab weekend :)
xoxo

Susanna-Cole King said...

Oh this entry inspired me so much, some really beautiful designs here! :)

xoxo,
S-C

Guapóloga said...

This trend is lovely. Six years ago my mom used a dress with this patern in my wedding and she actually almost stealed the lights from me! It was soooo gorgeous (well, my mom is a beautiful young woman, though)and since then I was looking for something that kind. So, thanks for the ideas!!

Besos!

Simone

Songy said...

I heart stella's dress.

Missa said...

Wonderful post, loving the leaf motif right now!

L.L. said...

i am selling oscar de la renta dress. black with gold leafs. i bought it for $10,000 but i am not tall enough. its a stunning gown. i will give u a good price. brand new with tags.