Friday, October 17, 2008

The envelope, please!

The clutch proves indispensable on the spring runways... But there's no need to wait to tote one of these fabulous envelopes, as they are seasonless! Moreover, the envelope clutch is versatile; tuck one into your day tote as a chic makeup bag, then stock it with all your evening essentials for a night on the town! The styles and sizes run the gamut from petite and patterned, like the turquoise-tasseled Matthew Williamson bag pictured at right, to oversize and unadorned, like the 3.1 Phillip Lim envelope at left... a sophisticated alternative to the briefcase, gentlemen!
Peter Jensen's chic single-stripe clutch is a preppy essential!

Terrifically textured at Chanel (left) and Devi Kroell (right)
Adorably angled at Bottega Veneta
Super slim at Hermés
Deco accents at Missoni (left) and Graeme Black (right)
Celebs love envelopes... whether they contain happy award tidings or Dior gloss!
At right, Hillary Duff happily totes a JJ Winters yellow croc-embossed leather clutch. For purchase at singer22.com.
This B. Romanek clutch is über-popular among Hollywood darlings. Photo at left courtesy Fellow Fashionista Tinsley of Inside the Olsens' Closet.
Left: 3.1 Phillip Lim backstage, via nytimes.com

Right: Get the Lim look for less with this charcoal polka dot oversize clutch, at lulus.com


Loeffler Randall Katia satin clutch, at shopbop.com.
Lauren Merkin
Ava brown leather clutch, at Bergdorf Goodman.
Kate Spade Tarrytown Nikolette red boarskin leather clutch with topstitch detail. Go to katespade.com.
Amici tweed bouclé clutch. Visit amiciaccessories.com.
Chloé Vega clutch at Harvey Nichols. CC adores the rich rust-orange and wine hues! Go to harveynichols.com for this and next.
D&G double zipper leather clutch
Neo Mod grass green patent clutch at forever21.com
If you prefer to wear an envelope rather than carry one, you need not wish upon a star! Just wear this Disney Couture Royal Invitation necklace. Available at asos.com.
CC saves the best for last: How gorgeous is this Mulberry Milton clutch? Bicolor blue + double turnlock closure = CC is in love!
Fashion credit: Runway photos via style.com.

44 comments:

WendyB said...

Loving the polka dots.

La Belette Rouge said...

I want to put my stamp on this trend. Do not return to sender, Mr. Postman!!;-) I want a red and a metallic envelope. And, I prefer my envelops to be on the small size. I don't want to have to pay for extra postage by carrying a big envelope bag.

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i have a pretty embarrassing collection of envelope-shaped clutches that i've snagged from flea markets over the years. i love how they're playful, yet professional at the same time!

Paul Pincus said...

incredible envelopes!

i'm really obsessed with the 3.1 phillip lim!!!

another fantastic post.

ps are you familiar with agathe (and dash) snow's work?

READY, SET, GO! said...

Ooo I love the white Chanel clutch.. gorgeous!!

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

I love love looove clutches

caroline said...

I have a similar clutch to the one from Kate Spade. I can't get enough of clutches... I really need to get one with polka dots!

FASHION CHALET said...

Thank you, miss Carrie!! :)

You know your posts always leave me enthralled.

Have a fabulous weekend, sweetie.

xo/ fashion chalet

Anonymous said...

i am def digging the envelope purses!

Susanna-Cole King said...

Oh I love a clutch, and own many little clutches, because I don't like to carry a lot around, however sometimes they can be trouble when I'm out and need both my hands, can't put my purse down, and yet unlike a bag with a strap, can't slide it onto my shoulder either! But otherwise, I absolutely adore clutches! :)

xoxo,
S-C

Sharon S said...

Hi there-I do love the bags you've picked, but my fave is the necklace-how very cute and adorable!!

leeselooks said...

OH you must rock out your Bon Jovi T !!!

you will be smokin'


ahhh a 3.1 please. I'm loving BOTH of Phillip Lim's clutches. Especially that first one.

happy weekend.
x.

please sir said...

I love the envelope look - so neat!

Tinsley said...

oooh great post! these are beautiful
I have a dark dark green lizard skin clutch i love

thanks for the mention ;)

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

I adore clutches! I love that 3.1 Phillip Lim envelope. Gorgeous!

Tricia said...

digging the clutches, i've got a couple vintage ones too for evening, but i'm loving the Kroell and Jensen picks for day.

Bedroom Talk said...

sha la la I love over sized cluthches. I just bought a purple and ruby one with a great turn lock! There so great for Holiday gifts ♥

have a great weekend :)

Unknown said...

I got an envelope clutch from a shop in Paris called "Le bagarerie" at a very good price and excelent price. Just in case anyone is around

Love the polka dot one

Unknown said...

Mulberry ...mmmmmm

Secretista said...

OMG. Whenever those type of bags come in the Fashion Closet I die! I love love love!

Sydney said...

the first and green patent leather are my favourites!

Miranda said...

ah!! i love that kate spade so much
my aunt has it. super jealous. :)

AusAnna said...

love love love the hermes clutch. your right, they are so transeasonal! love it.x

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

mail me all of them!!! Luv them CC... You Have a great weekend dear!

Maki said...

Gorgeous envelopes!!! I love them!!

Lil Midget said...

Great stuff :) I love the pendant. This would be great for uni or work!

xx

Nazarina A said...

First order of business, I love the polka dots!!!!
The little white dress and black jacket has my name written all over it! Can you imagine getting out of your car, flipping your hair and walking past construction workers!!!!
LOL!!!

I have an award for you ! Please come and get it at

http://giddygastronome.blogspot.com/2008/10/power-of-pink-awards-and-on-my-soap-box.html

poeta fit, non nascitur said...

i love them and it brings a casual sort of touch to a dressy outfit.

I can't use them though. i have a tendency to over-bring things and me using an envelope bag would make it look too bulky.

Eeli said...

So coincidental that you blog about these envelope bags because i just bought one lol. As they say great minds..... ;P

Sasi said...

Omg! I'd buy every single piece you published. I love clutches so much.

SparkleQueen said...

woaahhh, I've seen them before, but I never knew there were so many...thanks for posting this!

Songy said...

Matthew Williamson's clutch is quite sexy.

Anonymous said...

i so love clutch...i can buy one every day

Nemerae said...

I do love this kind of clotches *.* I have one in electric blue, and I'll probably buy another one in brown, with the shape of an envelope of course! :P
Btw, which are the hottest trends in clothes for the next summer (2009) in your opinion??
Byee
xx

Sara said...

I love that polka dot!

MY OWN YELLOW CAT said...

OMG! perez hilton? NO!


Why? tell me...



xoxo



ByE!!!

STEFANIE said...

Ooh^-^ Can't decide which one I love the most!!

Jadore-Fashion said...

love envelope bags, its jus so unique.

have a wonderful weekend dear!!! :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie = ) How are you? What are those Cola bottles? Thank you so much for stopping by = ) "wink" = )


These are by far fabulous finds, keep up the fashionista fab work!

Anonymous said...

I blog rolled you = )

Emmanuelle said...

This blog is awsome !
:) love it

Hunters Glory said...

Love the title.

I must day cc your titles are as creative, if not more, than you posts. Witty, humorous at times, and always, ALWAYS! informative of the theme which you are inspired by.

!\_

dee said...

There are SO many great clutches out right now that I love. Great assortment here. I particularly love vintage clutches.

Madame Dior said...

all lovely picks, but I'd definitely have to say the polka dot clutch is my fav