Sunday, October 19, 2008

Double Cuff

Wonder twin powers, activate! Form of: fab accessories! (Yes, CC realizes she's mixing her Marvel metaphors!). Perhaps it’s the residue of the Superhero Craze, or fashion’s naughty nod to S&M, but the double cuff is hot, and it’s here to stay.
On the runway, pictured via style.com:
Left: Karl Lagerfeld - CC loves these extended bracelets, reminiscent of vambraces (forearm armour worn by knights)!
Right: Cuffs are worn high on the arm, Sienna-style, at Chanel
Another nod to body armor at Rue du Mail, where the cuff nearly becomes a gauntlet.
One could totally re-create this look with a bevy of black rubber Madonna bracelets, non?
Alberta Ferretti's multiple thick jet bangles
Demure in white at Andrew Gn.
This photo via nymag.com.
Dsquared2




How to double your pleasure? Load up on semi-disposable bangles like this jeweled star and Glitz polished cuff at Forever 21, or splurge on two of the marvelous (get it?) models pictured below!
Shopping guide: First 5 at net-a-porter.com.
Christian Lacroix embellished acrylic cuff (at left)
Kara by Kara Ross pearlized anaconda cuff (at right)
Erickson Beamon gold leaf cuff
Vera Wang crystal embellished cuff (at right)
Erickson Beamon studded felt cuff
Stephen Webster silver superhero cuffs with semiprecious stones, for purchase at Bergdorf Goodman. Photo via elle.com.
Karen Millen acrylic and chain cuff at asos.com
Deal of the Day: ASOS wide leather cuff with studs and stones.
Check in all this week for Halloween-y madness, darlings!

27 comments:

WendyB said...

You're making me really sad for my 80 lost rubber bangles!

Miranda said...

this is so superhero i love it :)
i don't really wear cuffs though
my wrists are too skinny and i don't like the feeling when my bracelets feel like they're going to fall off

Guapóloga said...

I suck wearin cuffs (I feel I can't type...), but I love seeing them in other women. Makes a real statement I think

hollyshambles.x said...

oh, i SO almost bought that christian lacroix cuff! but then i realised it was either that or university, as i would have literally no money left xD

agnes said...

WHOA! i recently purchased a Shell-made Double Duff. Perfect.

maverickandlove said...

ah karl! lol love it. I love the cuffs, and the look it gives a piece, but i usually dont like to wear things around my wrists... it always hits something, put my hand in an uncomfortable position, or moves when i move my arm haha

MISS GLITZY said...

I've got a black leather one trimmed with pink swarovski crystals I really love. Thanks for your last comment.

Elizabeth said...

I love those cuffs with the stars.

Jess said...

Hmm, looks good and suits the models. Not sure it's praticles. Maybe with a few dozen thin bangles? I still ahve a whole bunch left over from a few years ago - I hope they'll still fit!

I'm all inspired now. I'm going to go for it!

Marian said...

The double cuff is here with no holds barred.I love the stephen webster super hero inspired ones! i'd totally rock them
kisses hun,
Marian

Nicole Linette said...

The studded cuffs are gorgeous !

CC, I was wondering, do you have your archive posted on your blog anywhere? I wanted to go back and check out some of your old posts from the Alphabet series :)

peace&Love
nicole.

stellawantstodie said...

I love wonder woman, I´ve just made a tee with her

Susanna-Cole King said...

Absolutely love arm cuffs, and the whole superhero-inspired feel! :)

xoxo,
S-C

Angela said...

double cuffs are too much for me but adores all the cuffs, one for me is plenty.

Gracie said...

Oh I love that Spiderman cuff!

Edirin said...

great collections

Anonymous said...

I love cuffs so much but I have puny skinny little wrists so the cuffs either a. weigh me down and hurt or b. fall off. :(

Unknown said...

aww.. i wish i could wear bracelets/cuffs.. my wrists are just way too small...

Anonymous said...

Screw the cuffs -- I am in love with that Chanel skirt!!! =)

Wendy said...

I'd actually love some studded cuffs, so badass.

Songy said...

I was always wondering about my habit of wearing bangles on both arms. I'd wonder no more now. :)

I'm drooling over the ASOS bangle.

♥ Marta ♥ said...

I've seen a a few feature in magazines about this trend ... I love wearing cuffs,so the double trend makes it even more exciting :)

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Fun finds!! I'm loving all of those cuffs!

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

I adore this and LOVED the Chanel metal baroque tatoos.

Nina said...

This post reminds me of this one:

http://fabsugar.com/1883526

superhero look....

Petra said...

Love love all the cuffs! So inspiring

Couture Carrie said...

Thanks for the love, everyone!

In answer to your query Nicole, I am SO honored that you want to refer back to the ABCs - I moved my blog archive up to the top right of my page, so you should be able to find everything you need there - enjoy!

xoxox,
CC