Monday, June 18, 2012

Trendspotting: The High-Low Dress

Darlings, CC can't help but note the prevalence of the hi-low dress on the runways, on the red carpet, and in the shops... Also know as the "mullet dress", this frock is all business up front and all party in the rear!
Runway inspiration: Balmain, via fabsugar.com.
Red carpet inspiration Charlize Theron in Christian Dior at the 2012 Golden Globe Awards.
BCBG Donesa essential knit high-low dress, at bcbg.com.
Derek Lam slit front dress; this and next at barneys.com.
Maiyet hand applique strapless dress.
Elizabeth and James neon stripe Claudia dress; this and next four at shopbop.com.
Free People confetti & lace high low dress.
Heather hi lo zip dress.
Kimberly Ovitz Zen print dress.
Norma Kamali Racer super high low dress.
Hype metallic high low dress; this and next at asos.com.
Reverse dress with mirror embellishements.
Kain Eastwood stretch-modal tank dress; this and next two at net-a-porter.com.
Lanvin draped belted crepe-jersey dress.
Mason by Michelle Mason cutout stretch-jersey dress.
Parker strapless ruffle dress, at intermixonline.com.
What do you think of this trend, darlings?


xoxox,


CC

16 comments:

md said...

Algunos son preciosos y se ven geniales pero me he probado alguno y no puedo verme con ellos.
saludos,

Panty Buns said...

The high-low dresses are an interesting trend. It would be nice to be able to choose mix and match my favorite features from the dresses you've posted photos of. I love the almost cloud-like look of the lower portion of the Balmian dress, the colour, short sleeves and neckline of the BCBG Donessa dress, the slightly higher (and off the floor) and sheer hemline and carefree look of the Free People Confetti dress and the pretty overlay on the Hype Metallic high-low dress.

Oh to Be a Muse said...

I've been a fan of this trend for a while now, but I don't want to buy too many. I have like 2 or 3 and I think that's enough.

HiFashion said...

I love asymmetrical dresses like this! They look so great.

Unknown said...

Perfect round up CC! You would look great in a high low dress!

xo Mary Jo

Cammila said...

I love it! The more dramatic the better -- not that Charlize Theron could look bad in anything.

Also: MULLET DRESS!!! That made me snort out loud. A SOL, if you will.

Emmett Katherine said...

Lol the mullet dress is everywhere these days! Love the ones you've featured here :)

Anonymous said...

It's an interesting trend but I am not sure if I like it. Your selection looks great.

Unknown said...

CT in Dior....abs amazing! :)


A.
<a href="http://fashionimperative.blogs

Michael St. James said...

I'm not a fan of this trend, but Charlize Theron definitely pulled it off in that gorgeous Christian Dior gown. I like that Lanvin jersey dress, because it's a more subtle variation.

Mimi said...

i love charlize theron's golden globes look! she looked so gorgeous! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Want a summer scarf? Enter to win a $20 ScarvesDotNet Gift Certificate!

FASHION TALES said...

I've been loving this trend, the toned down versions are my favourite. Great picks hun! xxoo

dimitri said...

Love these dresses, they are so lovely. The first one is amazing.
Your selection is perfect.
xx

monica said...

definitely the hemline of the season

lorenabr said...

Love the first two dresses! Gorgeous!

Seeker said...

OMG I just love this trend!!!!
But I didn't find the right piece, because they are always too high in front for me :(
Have a nice day, beautiful CC

xoxo