Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sweater Dressing!

Ah, Christmas Eve, the perfect time to don a cosy knit frock . . . chic and sleek, but still room for cookies!
There were so many runway inspirations, this was a tough post to edit!
Photos via style.com and assume Fall 2008 except where otherwise credited.
SOLIDS in MUTED TONES
At left: Chanel
At right: Alessandro Dell’Acqua Spring 2009
Julien MacDonald
Emanuel Ungaro
Atsuro Tayama. courtesy telegraph.co.uk
COLORS & PRINTS
Missoni
House of Holland
Rodarte; this and next 2 via nymag.com
Sonia Rykiel
Louis Vuitton
Chanel Pre-Fall 2009
Temperley London – CC loves this Op Art print!
RED TEMPTRESS
Moschino Cheap and Chic – Get the wool felt dress with detachable collar on sale at shopbop.com!
Jennifer Lopez, via Glamour UK
Alexander McQueen chunky knit sweater dress; this and next 3 at net-a-porter.com
Miu Miu bow belt sweater dress
GREAT GRAYS
Chris Benz Clea mohair tennis dress
Stella McCartney fine knit sweater dress
Rag & Bone skinny cashmere knit dress. CC loves the flattering contouring! Visit lagarconne.com.
Lisli Fiori sweater dress, at shopbop.com – would be so cute with skinny jeans and booties!
Right: J. Crew cashmere Audrey dress
Left: Cotton rib polo sweater dress, at victoriassecret.com
Deal of the Day 1: Gap button-shoulder sweater dress, $68 at gap.com
Catherine Malandrino ruffled cashmere dress, at net-a-porter.com
Deal of the Day 2: Bop Basics knit dress, $36. This and next at shopbop.com.
Alice + Olivia color block sweater dress with faceted buckle belt
Last look: Get long, lean and lovely with this M Missoni tulip knit maxi dress, at chickdowntown.com.

Happy holidays to all, and to all a good night!
xoxox,
CC

32 comments:

Terence Sambo said...

I love the ungaro and Jlo dresses cool :o)

www.janetteria.com said...

Hi,

I love sweater dress. :)))) I have some similar grey, black dresses...

Merry Xmas to CC!

kisses: Janet

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Yummy knits! CC dahhhling...just want to thank you for all your wonderful postings & inspirations...most important is your friendship dear! Have the merriest of Christmas 2U & family! ~KISSES+SMILES*

Sharon S said...

Hi there-great selection, love the Temperley one best!! Have a lovely Christmas my dear!!

Lisa said...

Happy holidays, CC! It was nice to see so many variations on the sweater dress.

MISS GLITZY said...

You're right! Room for cookies and bubbles and all the delicious Xmas meals!!! Have a Merry Xmas Dear! Kisses : Miss G.

Nemerae said...

I love maxi jumpers!! the first two by Chanel & Alessandro Dell’Acqua are soo prefect *.* specially the 2nd one! love it!!
Merry Xmas ;)
xx

T said...

I love the solids in muted tones! What a genius post. I love the grey Chanel one paired with those chic stockings.

Song of Style said...

so appropriate!
I LOOOOVE sweater dresses as they keep u warm but also can look feminine.
Hope u have a merry christmas!

Bombchell said...

OMG the Missoni is insane!!!!

Annie Spandex said...

I love the look of the teal one with the gray booties, but that last one is epic!

Unknown said...

So nice..sweater warmth! A wonderful post.

Vera said...

You forgot Alexander Wang! Or maybe you didn't and I missed it. Well it's not really a sweater dress, but he totally rocked the oversized sweater in his last collection. Either way, great post, and as I always, I love how visual it is. Have a Merry Christmas, babe!

we wear things said...

AH my absolute fave!!! love sweater dresses!!

hope you have a very merry christmas!!!

LJ said...

I love the ones with the collar detail like mcdonald, chanel and ungaro..
happy holidays!
xx-LJ from SOS!

Baybay Mama said...

I think my favorite sweater dress on the page is the Ungaro one but I would probably take it in black:)
I want to wish you a merry merry christmas and happy holidays CC!

XX,
D-

michelle said...

oooh definitely puts me in a winter mood x)

Countrybelle said...

the sweater dress is one of my all time favorite styles. i think it is so incredibly sexy! hope you're having a lovely holiday, CC. i wish i could see the amazing chic outifts you're wearing!
xx
countrybelle/chloe of heartshapedmorning.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

sweater dresses are my favorite :)

xoxo,
La C

Merry Christmas Eve!

Anonymous said...

oooo.. the one at shopbop.... excellent choice!!!

Thanks for the eyecandy.. I sure know what I'll be asking Santa for a last minute gift... = ) "winks"

PhilO♥ said...

Hi!
Awesome post again !!
Merry Christmas !! :)
have A Great Time !!

Fashion Moment said...

I love this style, esspecialy Stella McCartney and Alessandro Dell’Acqua. So lovely, so chic!

Merry Christmas, darling! :)

FM

Frankie said...

Lush selection, I feel cosy just looking at them! x

Seeker said...

OMG I love sweater dresses, but I just can't find any because of my hips, but I still look forward.

Merry Xmas dear

xoxo

eva said...

merry christmas! thanks for sharing the pics.. so many awesome sweater dresses!

Aliena said...

I love sweater dresses... they are so snug, anfd acomfyu, and soft, and everything!!!

Songy said...

Knits are great but what I love the most is the volume!

Holly said...

some of these sweaters are soo hot!!

Fifi Flowers said...

I have a FAB black sweater dress all READY to be worn after my New Year's resolution is filled or I find the perfect body conturing suit... I believe NewportNews.com might have one...hmmmm

{Tara} said...

So many gorgeous options here! Sweater dresses are quite possibly the best invention ever!

Catherine said...

I've been increasingly obsessed with sweaters lately, particularly because they're just so cozy. You just bumped my obsession up to the next level!

Kim Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.