Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bright, Shiny Things!

Spring shimmers in the no-so-distant future, darlings!
Right: Aquilano e Rimondi
Left: Isaac Mizrahi, via nymag.com. Other runway pics courtesy style.com except where noted.
Oscar de la Renta shimmering floor length gown
Derek Lam, via nytimes.com
Versace
Carmen Marc Valvo; this and next via nymag.com
Hervé Léger
Kai Kuhne
Marios Schwab
Michael Kors
Reem Acra
Zac Posen
Verrier, via nymag.com
Richard Chai
Stephen Burrows
Sophia Kokosalaki

D&G
Karl Lagerfeld
Jean Paul Gaultier
Prada, via nytimes.com
Dsquared2
Elie Saab
3.1 Phillip Lim
Marc Jacobs
Alexander McQueen
In the shops:
Christian Louboutin Cotton Club Sigourney ankle boots, currently on sale at net-a-porter.com.
Chunky knit gold scarf, at shopintuition.com.
Runway handbag inspiration: Christian Lacroix clutch
Get the high shine drama with this stunning Roberto Cavalli metallic bracelet bag, on sale at net-a-porter.com.
If it is your believe that bigger is better, opt for this pink ASOS foil holdall – a shimmery gym bag may be just what Santa had in mind for you!
Superfine Liberty treated skinny jean, at shopbop.com. Hot!
Charles Nolan metallic hoodie, at the Intermix, New York. Visit intermixonline.com.
Shimmery silk wool pencil skirt and boxy jacket. Visit victoriassecret.com.
ISSA metallic jersey gown, at net-a-porter.com.
Deal of the Day: metallic lame tube dress, $19.80 at forever21.com!
Tory Burch Holland dress in silk ombré metallic plaid. Go to toryburch.com for this and next.
Tory Burch Ryanne dress
Alice + Olivia black sequined one-shoulder dress, at Neiman Marcus
Daibless betina sequin a-line dress, at shopgoldyn.com.
Charlotte Ronson Audrey dress in shimmer navy, pictured at right and available at pinkmascara.com.
TIBI Electric Lamé dress; this and next 2 at net-a-porter.com
3.1 Phillip Lim silk Lurex animal print bubble dress
Last look: Melissa Obadash metallic bandeau swimsuit at net-a-porter.com – CC loves!

38 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

This post is golden. I am really loving gold all of a sudden. I used to equate golden metallics with old ladies. I have changed my mind about this magnificent metal.

Cate said...

Those all are really great looks for Christmas and New Year's partying, don't you think?
xoxox
Cate

Syed said...

Eeeeek haha I am such a magpie, LOVE this post!!!!

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

Love, love, love these shimmering things! My favs: Kai Kuhne, Zac Posen dresses, and I adore that metallic bandeau swimsuit! xoxo

Frankie said...

wow, I want them all! x

Daniela Valdez said...

Oh! I love metallics, but I only wear metallics on accesories!

www.janetteria.com said...

Hi CC,

I agree Dana. I only wear metallics on accesories too... ;)

kisses: Janet

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

The price of 24K gold should go up again after this post CC! I adore the shocking gold fm the Prada collection Dahhlin'...

Camille said...

Really good post.

ps. Check uot my blog for my new look.

Myriam said...

Everyone should wear a dress shiny, golden like this on Christmas or New Years eve!
xx

Siru said...

Shine is up now, thoug it will slow down until next autumn.

juliet xxx

Winnie said...

Shimmery golds are a must, I will most definitely be looking for something in that shade, would love lovely grey tones too!

Boubou said...

omg this is my one of my favorite style....so sexy so glam so feminine!!! can i use some photos for one my post ?

Bonne soirée!
bouchra
boubouteatime

Míriam Juan-Torres said...

It is amazing, as always, great post.

Lisa said...

Oh that last swimsuit is hot! It makes me wish I were flying somewhere warm, sunny, and beachy for the holidays just so I have an excuse to wear it right now.

Fashion_Girl22 said...

I love shiny peices. I don't really wear them, but the really do make a statement. <3

No said...

I love all things sparkly and shiny! Those Superfine Liberty jean are calling my name!

Seeker said...

I love all shiny things, but interesting I'm a bit afraid of them.... me that has no fear of colour....

Great post, beauty

xoxo

i.d. said...

Lol, I'm like a magpie too - anything shiny catches my eye! Great collection of pretty sparkly things. :)

Anonymous said...

I love shiny things and all these pieces are just perfect! I especially love the Diabless dress :D

Blanca del Río said...

the M.J. shoes are fantastic!

Miranda said...

i LOVE the shiny trend :)
sparklesparkleshineshine hahaha
xoxo<3

la petite fashionista said...

love the futuristic looks & metallic fabrics! it's exactly what i pictured fashion of "the future" to look like:)

Unknown said...

honestly, they are all so effing good, I would like one of each! please :)

shopinchic said...

I love how bright metallics are back in style. With so many dark
dresses out there, its so very
refreshing to see a little color.

Vera said...

metallics are very specific, the quality of the fabric always shows through. It's either amazing or trashy, there is no middle ground.

AusAnna said...

i live on the coast, shiny bikinis are like who we are. hahaha
I LOVE IT

Countrybelle said...

oh yes yes. loving the little shiny dresses, especially that last one. so freaking cute!!!
xx
chloe
heartshapedmorning.blogspot.com

WendyB said...

I would like some shiny jeans.

MISS GLITZY said...

You know that I love shiny things... no-so-distant future... need to dream about it.

PhilO♥ said...

Wow!!
Great ones !!! Love this post of yours !! It's awesome !!

Marian said...

the magpie in me loved all these shiny pieces!my fave? zac posen and the herve legern.stunning.
muah x
Maria

Anonymous said...

I SHOULD be tired of metallics by now, but there's something about them that makes me really, really happy. Especially when it comes to sequins. Yay.

Katarina Kühl ~ PencilFashion said...

amazing dresses!

Fifi Flowers said...

SPARKLE in the new year! Is it true that if you wear one of these shiny ensembles, you can NEVER be without a glass of shampoo!
Shampoo=champagne via a child not being able to say champagne... that was one I learned from my son... sooooo I find it hard not to call it shampoo.. adn oh how I ADORE my shampoo! Yes... you may use my word! LOL

Dani @ Weddings Fresh said...

oh thank you so much for visiting weddings fresh! i absolutely love your blog--and all these bright, shiny things are perfect for the season. i so wish i wasn't prego right now... :)

T said...

Shiny! I love this post.

Carolina Lange said...

Amazing dresses! All of them!