Friday, December 12, 2008

Cool Zip

It’s edgy, sexy and … easy access! This trend will make you want to zip it good!!
Runway photos courtesy style.com except where otherwise credited.
At left: 3.1 Phillip Lim

At right: Haider Ackerman
Narciso Rodriguez; this and next via nymag.com.
DKNY
Preen
J-C de Castelbajac; this and next via nymag.com.
Julien MacDonald






Proenza Schouler
Phi exposed zipper skinny pants via vogue.fr - CC adores!
Rodarte’s coveted multi-zip satin trousers
Alexander McQueen zip ankle bias plaid pants courtesy French Vogue



What to buy? At least one fab accessory and perhaps a zippered garment too!
Bebe zip-back legging. Visit bebe.com for this affordable alternative to the ubiquitous LNA zipper legging!
Zipper Chic sandal, at forever21.com.
Lotus zip-front ankle boot, at asos.com.
Christian Louboutin red patent Caracolo Plateau pumps, at bluefly.com
Christian Louboutin beige suede platform Zippette, at Barneys
Manolo Blahnik for Thakoon; photo via elle.com.
L.A.M.B. patent platforms at heels.com.
Karen Millen multi-zip peep toe wedge, at asos.com.
This Sigerson Morrison for Target bootie is less than $40!
Dellest belt, at asos.com
Zipper bangle, courtesy Fellow Fashionista Kate of Crave
Disaya enamel cuff, at asos.com.
Diesel Black Gold Pasquy Veronik dress, at storedeisel.com.
Rick Owens wool and leather jacket with removable front panel, at net-a-porter.com
Diesel fuchsia asymmetric zip dress, at asos.com.
LaROK black satin Zip Me Up dress. Visit pinkmascara.com.
Turquoise peek-a-boo dress, at lolaymaria.com
Hervé Léger front zip bandage dress, at ronherman.com.
Thomas Wylde Desert leather gilet, at net-a-porter.com.
Rachel Pally pencil skirt, at pinkmascara.com.
Zipper pant, courtesy LeFashion.com
Twenty8Twelve triple side zip trim jeans, at asos.com.
Multi zipper jeans, courtesy knightcat.blogspot.com.
Matt & Nat Kali Japanese cranberry paper vegan “leather” bag, at asos.com.
Mogil blue suede chain bag with zip detail, $90 at pixiemarket.com.
3.1 Phillip Lim clutch, pictured courtesy elle.com
D&G bag, at Nordstrom
YSL suede and patent clutch, pictured courtesy elle.com and available at YSL boutiques.
Zipper brooch at MoMA Store, NYC
Luc Kieffer resin cocktail ring, on sale at shopbop.com.
Last look: a zippered item for the home: Lojo Ball chair, approx. $170 at lojoballusa.com.

So fun!


Feeling zippy, darlings? CC sure is!

43 comments:

Angela said...

CC, i have been seeing zipper trend as well. I am eyeing a pair of sergio rossi zipper heels. btw, i was sooooo disappointed with the ysl zipper clutch. it's so much cuter in the pic than in person.

www.janetteria.com said...

Hi CC,

What a lovely assimetric chic & zip style! :) I will make zipper flower brooch. :) Haha! :D

xoxo: Janet

Lisa said...

I really love exposed zippers at the moment too! The blue zipper brooch is really cute and it looks like something a crafty girl can make herself.

K.Line said...

I LOVE zippers done right and you've chosen some great things!

Terence Sambo said...

Wow i love the J-C de castelbajac outfit esp the big red bow.. :o)

The zipper bangles are awesome n i love that zipper brooch too never seen it before...

Love this post a lot...u always get great themes for ur posts.. :o)

MizzJ said...

Awesome trend! I really love that flower zipper brooch, the combination of the tough zipper on a feminine flower is so interesting.

Fashion_Girl22 said...

I love how edgy and cool zippers are. They are just so cool.
My eyes swole up when I just saw that clutch with all the zippers on it. It's so perfect!
Then those zip pants are extremly innovative, I have a pair of skinny eans with zippers on the back foot of them, but it doesn't compae to those! <3

Siljesfashion said...

Love the post. I will take that YSL clutch anytime! Dream dream..

leeselooks said...

i love love love phillip lims zips.

!!!

x.

La Belette Rouge said...

That Philip Lim is lovely. I usually think of a lot of zippers as a tough/punk/masculine look. That Lim is so feminine, sculptural and pretty.

Amy C said...

zips are so fun and sexy, I really love the Phillip Lim pale pink dress.

Diane said...

love it!!
i'm really loving the red zipper shoe, the pink zipper bag, and the blue zipper flower pin (at least i think it is a pin).
so cute, yet so edgy!

Marquis de Lannes said...

Le zip, toujous à la mode! anée tras anéee, le zip et toutes se variantes reviens à la mode. Bisous!

MISS GLITZY said...

I love the zipper bangle of Kate of Crave, so ingenious and inspired.

WendyB said...

Crazy zippers on pants really appeal to me.

Lauren said...

i really really love this trend - its BA!

maria memi said...

after seeing all these pictures and all zipper clothes i just feel in love.

Abby said...

ohhh this post is amazing.
I am in zipper heaven.

I never thought I would have so much love for a zipper!

FASHION CHALET said...

I'm so glad to be seeing more and more items adorned in zippers. :)

I knew you'd be an SATC fan, with your name and all<3

xx

Anonymous said...

i dnt wanta zip this xmas!! nooo.. i been zipped for a while..lol. hey u!!!

Amy-Jo Tatum/Chic said...

Incredible.
By the way . . the pleats on the pink photo are very complicated to produce but gorgeous when they come out right

Trendology said...

It took me forever to realize that the Phillip Lim dress was made with zippers!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

CC dahhhlin' thanks for your kind/funny words...I wish we live in the same zipcode! Would love to see u in the YSL cacoon sweater...& off to the market!lol!!
Anyhow, love the enamel cuff zip...so surreal! Reminds me of the early Moschino... before the house getting too 'safe' these days, non?! You are the best dahhhlin! SMILES*

Mode Junkie said...

ZIPPERS OVERLOAD! amazing. love it on dresses, on shoes, on jewelry. everywhere. love this post. you kinda read what my heart is longing for this christmas!

Elena said...

I love every single post of yours! I wanted a leather jacket with zippers but now I think that a clutch would also be nice.

Winnie said...

I do love the zipper trend on shoes, they look great! I'm not so keen for them on the dresses though.

Unknown said...

I love the little designs made out of only zippers ..like the flower at the bottom....however SOME zippers on dresses that stand out too much don't work in my opinion. some do ...but some just don't.

great post as usual :)

ceecee said...

Love those McQueen zip ankle pants. Alot of these things remind me of things I used to buy at Patricia Fields in the 70's. I still have some of them. Vintage now, huh?!
Catherine

Jadore-Fashion said...

zips are so chic, love it--it just adds the rock effect that i love. the zip brecelet is too cute!!
great post CC, have a chic weekend :)
xoxox

stella

Countrybelle said...

ooohh, zippers are usually a bit too tough for me (i'm such a girly girl), which is why i love their new incarnation as ruffles! so sweet. also, those pink zippered shoes are delicious...
xx
chloe
heartshapedmorning.blogspot.com

dee said...

I am so into these shoes right now!

Annie Spandex said...

Sooo many great things in there, I don't know where to begin! Zippers are just cool

Anonymous said...

amazing post!!!

i've been wanting a zipper skirt forever! :)

-MJ

PhilO♥ said...

Omg! I love all these pictures !! All of them are just WOW !

Songy said...

This is like the ultimate R&R fashion thing. When I saw the leggings in Le Fashion a few weeks ago I went mad looking for it but couldn't find it anywhere on the net..

zoe aka drinkupthefashion said...

i am loving those jeans with the horizontal zippers! they are so perfect in anyway, you can be all zipped up and still look edgy or go for an even edgier look by strategically unzipping and creating holes where you want them!

picture here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_B6J6nGs6VwA/SUKAEGvtemI/AAAAAAAAM_Y/4Z0cPTpuVeY/s400/knightcatblogspot.jpg

Nemerae said...

I like zippers in shoes, the Christian Louboutin beige suede platform Zippette are just incredible!!
Byee
xx

Hek said...

Well, zippers will always be chic;)

Seeker said...

I'm loving the zippers!!!!

xoxo

Gaby, held on by wires. said...

love love love!

mette said...

Lovely the YSL clutch ! Which is suede and where is the patent leather and the price?

kokostiletto said...

i'm not going to lie - i'm not a big fan of zippers i think they look kind of cheap...

Julia said...

I love zippers. I just shot that YSL bag and I must say that photo does it no justice.

But anyways, I'm totally in love with the tights with the zipper back drawing, they might be my next must have item.