Tuesday, December 2, 2008

DISCO STEW

CC is totally feeling the Studio 54 vibe, and it seems that Designers are as well! Practice your hustle and get unabashedly outfitted in sequins – perfect for those upcoming holiday galas!
At right: Sasha gets discolicious. Photo courtesy Fellow Fashionista FashionAdaptation.
Chanel
Emilio Pucci; this and next via nymag.com
Left: Carmen Marc Valvo
Right: Just Cavalli;
this and next 7 via style.com
Eley Kishimoto
Balenciaga
Colette Dinnigan
Yves Saint Laurent
Derek Lam
Doo Ri









Ralph Lauren

In the shops:
Eileen Shields Mimi Beatnik bootie. Go to shopbop.com.
This David & Young sequin beret comes in 6 different colors; $18 each at shopintuition.com.
Anya Hindmarch Disco box clutch; this and next at net-a-porter.com.
Roberto Cavalli pink metallic suede clutch - faboo!
Hayden Harnett Tokyo clutch. Visit haydenharnett.com.
D&G patent clutch; this and next pictured via elle.com.
Wunderkind sunglasses
Miu Miu pailette peep toe, currently on sale at barneys.com!
Costume Department Purple Reign leggings, at costumedept.com.
Forever 21 silver High Shine leggings
What Comes Around Goes Around Zanzibar scarf, at shopbop.com
Miu Miu tri-color oversize pailette bomber jacket, at net-a-porter.com.
Gryphon silver sequin jacket, available at Nordstrom; photo via nytimes.com.
Deal of the Day: This Delia*s Serena black sequin 4-pocket mini skirt is just $38.50 at delias.com!
Stella McCartney silk sequined dress, at net-a-porter.com.
LaROK patchwork mini dress. Visit shopbop.com.
Cocoa sequin tank dress at, forever21.com.
Haute Hippie gold disc dress... the refined alternative to sequins. Go to ronherman.com
Arden B. shirred one-shoulder dress, at ardenb.com.
Sheri Bodell Virgo spaghetti strap party dress, at shopbop.com.
Last Look: CC covets this Hervé Léger sequin ombré bandage dress, at net-a-porter.com.
Will you be serving up some disco stew this holiday season?

CC can't wait to get sequined and shimmery in her black La Petite Salope mini pailette bustier!





44 comments:

thenebulosegirl said...

ohh really nice photos!
i really like these type of clothes but i never find the day to wear them lol
xo

Susanna-Cole King said...

I like shiny things! :D And some of these looks are absolutely glittering-ly (not a word, I know :P) perfect! Beautiful post as always! :)

And thanks for your comment and for sharing your experiences and for your sweet words! <3

xoxo,
S-C

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

I will never stop loving that editorial of Sasha with the disco ball. And this is seriously, seriously making me covet some silver leggings.

WendyB said...

Gold sequins are where it's at ;-)

Nemerae said...

I love this trend in dresses *.* such as the ones by Pucci, Balenciaga and Carmen Marc Valvo :P I also like the shiny Balmain dresses of their S/S collection and Sasha's pic.
Byee
xx

Anonymous said...

ahh disco...i wish i had lived during disco years!

Nazarina A said...

They say all that glitters is not "silver"( I mean gold!) but for these disco beauties, I'll take a chance and stand out in a crowd! Beautiful couture as usual!

Fashion Moment said...

Miu Miu! Miu Miu! Miu Miu shoes!
I adore them! Very "disco" & very chic post, CC!

Thank you for the comment.

:)

FM

♥ Cara Mia ♥ said...

yes, i love it! disco stew! i have lots of awesome vintage jumpsuits that are just waiting to be worn. :)

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

Oh CC, I adore that RL suit! And those sequins jackets, God! Let's shine! xoxo

Hek said...

Love this post! I'm all for disco:) LOve that Miu Miu bomber and the Herve Leger is just stunning!

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i've been buying an obscene amount of sequined things at flea markets. great post, love!

FASHION CHALET said...

How can I thank you??

(1) for your super amazing wonderful blog comment, omg, you have made me happier than I can describe!!!! ♥

(2) for featuring disco sequin chic, i love the stuff! :)

xx

love....

Seeker said...

Amazing pictures with this trend.
I love it, but I'm a bit afraid of wearing it....

xoxo

Mariëlle said...

Great post, thanks for sharing!

Would you like to exchange links??

http://toosexy-formyshirt.blogspot.com/

Meg said...

I love the sparkly pumps, the sparkly hat and the LaROK dress. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Omg-those shoes! <3

Lisa said...

Haha probably not...sequined dresses are cute but I find them unbearably scratchy. I might do a metallic shoe or something.

La Belette Rouge said...

I have been burning baby burning for some gold sequins!:-)

MISS GLITZY said...

Well well, sequins sparkling that's all we need for glitzy parties. It makes me feel like dancing around. Love it!

Siljesfashion said...

Totally. I am addicted to the 70s, so all of my disco dresses are coming out this season.

Guapóloga said...

I like the glossy look but just a little in real life...

Angela said...

I will take the Anya Hindmarch clutch. Chanel also offers a small sequins clutch.

Gedankenlos said...

these photos are great!
all these things are especially good for clubbing ;)

Unknown said...

i do like the subtle shiny items.. but gold lame leggings scare me!

Kira Aderne said...

You are right, it is so trendy right now :)


about your comment, thank you for the great blog!

a kiss friend!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Disco stew is not in my menu CC...enjoy waching others devour the special 'stew' though & let it shine & not snow? hmm... ;)

caroline said...

love the beanie. it's quite similar to the one Carrie wore during new years eve in Sex and the city - the movie. i definitely need one!
you are insiring as always, dear!
xx

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love it all - especially the kishimoto pieces :D I love a bit of shine and sparkle.

Gia said...

shine,sparkle,glitter,glow:)
i love sparkling clothes and the simple idea of glowing...it makes a woman feel good in her skin and it's hot:)
well...i don't like it when it's too much!
anyway,great post again!
best wishes dear:)

Mónica said...

I must admit I am a bit tired of metallics fabrics...

life . style . dissected said...

this post makes me want to....DANCE!!!

x
melissa
http://www.lifestyledissected.blogspot.com/

michelle said...

How fun :D

Rina said...

wow! a lot of glitter! makes me want to dance! beautiful clothes by the way...

simplysteph said...

I LOVE DISCO metalic-ness. bah, so fun.

Nicole said...

what great finds! perfect for some holiday sparkle.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of the 1970s because my mom was like in her 20s at that time. I love the shinny, glittery wear of the disco era.

Daniela Valdez said...

Nice shinny outfits!!

Myriam said...

That Herve Leger dress...yumm! I'd like to walk around with a disco ball on my body. Ha!

Nat-attack said...

i love metallic and shiny stuff!!!! whenever i go into a store, i automatically get brainwashed to go towards the shiny things in the store...haha and then...i buy them:) Your pictures are great...
great post hun!!!

Trish said...

I have those similar silver leggings! :)

Songy said...

Collette Dinnigan's ensemble makes my heart pound.

Trendy Gourmandise said...

like glitterrrrrrrrrrrrr

{Tara} said...

Ok, I'm not a suit girl, but I could wear the heck out of a gold suit!!!