Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hair Today

Per the suggestion of the lovely Clara of http://comewhatmai.blogspot.com/, CC presents the Mane Attraction, a roundup of the best and most popular hairstyles for fall!
CC loves your suggestions, so speak up!
BANG THE DRUM

At top left:
Anna Faris in TMagazine, via NYTimes.com (the dress is Thakoon, fyi)


At right:
Martha Streck channeling Rachel Bilson at Gucci; photo via instyle.com


Above:
The Plasticines – side swept bangs, featured in the New York Times Magazine


At right:
Maxine Schiff at Alberta Ferretti, via style.com
BOBBING FOR BEAUTIES


Chanel Couture blonde bob, courtesy style.com
Chanel, via vogue.com/fr
Chris Benz, via nymag.com
Anja Rubik at Dolce & Gabbana, courtesy style.com.


The bob need not be bang-ed!



AMBER (and other) WAVES


Dennis Basso, via style.com
Ann Valerie Hash, via French Vogue




THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW

Chanel Iman at Hermes
NEW AROUND THESE PARTS

Temperley London, courtesy nymag.com

CC is loving the hippie-chic vibe of the center part. So what if you've go a half-inch of regrowth? The new beauty wisdom says root regrown is not a hair-raising faux-pas, but rather a sign that you are a happenin' gal with more important things to worry about than her highlights!
Gucci Resort 2009; this and next two photos via style.com...

Blonde: a center part that says 70s sass!

Brunette: the slightly off-center part is tres sexy!
Backstage at the Gucci Resort show . . .


Guess the padded bobby pin was essential in getting that beachy-wave look!
At right:
Natasha Poly at Gucci Fall 2008

Below:

STAR HAIR
via instyle. com

Jennifer Lopez
THE LOOK Voluminous curls
HOW-TO Spray leave-in conditioner on wet hair, apply mousse to roots and then air-dry. Curl two-inch sections of hair. Finish with shine spray.
INSIDER TRICK When using a curling iron, stylist Marco Maranghello says to never hold it on your hair for more than 20 seconds.
BUY ONLINE Kiehl's Panthenol Protein Hair Conditioner Softener, $15.50; kiehls.com.
Gwyneth Paltrow
THE LOOK Straight shoulder-length hair

HOW-TO Apply a de-frizzing product to wet hair and then blow-dry, says stylist Laurent D. "When hair is dry, use a ceramic flat iron to smooth ends... and finish with a shine serum."
INSIDER TRICK This look is ideal for naturally straight hair.
BUY ONLINE Flat Iron, David Babaii for Wild Aid, $120.
Taylor Momsen
THE LOOK Soft back-curled waves

HOW-TO Edward Tricomi of Warren-Tricomi salons suggests the following steps to achieve this look: spray a volumizing spray or finger mousse through damp hair to create volume and give hold to the hair. Then use a round metal brush and blow-dry the hair, pulling the brush away from the face, towards the back. Once dry, take pieces that frame the face and curl with an iron, turning the barrel away from the face. Brush out with the finger and add a flexible-hold hairspray.
INSIDER TRICK "Day-old hair will look best with this style," says Tricomi.
BUY ONLINE Mousse, Warren-Tricomi, $17; ulta.com.
Note: CC is a fashionista, not a beauty expert, so kindly direct all your grooming queries to the Beauty Gurus linked in the blogroll at right .
And stay tuned for tomorrow's "sophisticated headband" post (preview at right: Irina Lazareanu and Mary-Kate Olsen at the Louboutin Fetish Exhibit, via style.com)

Tripartite Parting Question: Which of these hairstyles is YOURS, which are you totally LOVING, and are the two one and the same?

48 comments:

Clara Sheller said...

Thank you CC!!!!!!!!Loved it so much! As I have curly hair and i´m burnette, I loved the amber waves! I just have to devote an afternoon to experiment in front of the mirror.Im going to leave my hair grow long and cultivate the hippie look! I have decided so...I must learn how to make the beachy waves!
Ah, im a fan of the headbands! Next could be on hair accesories!

Stranger said...

cool hair styles! I'm REALLY happy that gwenyth paltrow changed her hair, the new bob looks SO much better on her face!

Coffee's for closers said...

Nice post, I loved it! I really like your blog.
See ya :)

Sharon S said...

I have a fringe and shoulder length hair-I love the short bobs, but I won't go to that length again!!

shopinchic said...

My hair's blonde(as I've said before),I bleach it and I do
go for some time between root
touchups as its better for my
hair. I am glad to know I am
not the only one!

Anyway,I love the long sixties hippie hair. My hair is still growing out from a bob,so I
would love to achieve those hairstyles.

Thank you for posting this!

Hanne said...

Great post, so inspiring:) I loved the picture of Maxine Schiff at Alberta Ferretti, beautiful!

Hope you've had a nice weekend, Dublin was great, I loved it:)

leeselooks said...

lady!

thanks for the comment.

your blog is so amazing. So much passion + thought + hard work.

keep on rocking! I look forward to your posts.

Lxx.

I linked you!

Siljesfashion said...

Very cool, love the 70s waves.

SparkleQueen said...

i really love how they put all the models in the chanel show with the bob wig, very chic and timeless. all the hairstyles you posted are very lovely too.

Meg said...

I have curly hair, so I guess I fit into "Amber Waves," although my hair is a little shorter. I personally love the hair at Alberta Ferretti.

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

Hey CC!
Great post, as usual. Love the bangs trend in particular...bangs pretty much always work for me, so I'm glad to hear they're currently fashionable of course :)
xoxo
S

P.S. You can absolutely use one of my photos, that would be AWESOME, as I love your blog!

..... said...

oh cool post !! it nice to see you're talkin about the plasticines !! im fan of this french girl band

TINA said...

I love all of the hairstyles; I'm thinking about getting blunt bangs.
I think this is one of your best posts yet! Thank you so much for sharing all these hairstyles and tips, you are fabulous! :)

leslie and pam said...

Those are some awesome pictures! I love Taylor Momsen's hair it looks so pretty. The last picture, has awesome hair styles too.

Annie Spandex said...

I've got long hair and straight bangs. I've always wanted one of those wicked bobs, but my hair's too wavy and I'm too shy. :]

Anonymous said...

Ahh it's good to see that my haircut is still fashionable!

Although some of those pictures make me wish I had longer hair - the versatility of the length would really come in handy!

get dressed! said...

Thanks for your comment! I'd love to change my hair up a bit for fall, but I'm too lazy. I would do more of a side bang though- I love that look!

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

Uyy I think I'm gonna steal you some of these pics :)

Sienna said...

I love the Alberta Ferreti style..it's so chic!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for the lovely, lovely hair inspiration! :)

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I love "Jenny"'s hair :)

I'm going to link it

Mary said...

This was an awesome idea... My hair and make up are ALWAYS the same and it gets a little boring.. time for a cut soon I guess. Now I'll have pictures!

Little Bow Prep said...

Terrific post!

The pic of Maxine Schiff's hair is my favorite! It looks so classic 1960s!

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! Would you like to trade links?

Secretista said...

Unfortunately, none of these are mine.

Then again I do have a different hair texture.

we wear things said...

ooh great styles.. looks like bangs are a great thing for the fall... i'll be keeping my long hair.. i just wish it held waves/curls better!

-issa

please sir said...

OH yes lovely hair - the bangs are hot!

/// said...

Oh I love the blonde bob! :)

Fabianna (H.Finn Jewelry) said...

i love this post! so many options to choose from. Anna Faris looks so HIGH fashion in that spread. anna plus thakoon equals something fab - who'd of thunk it?

Arielle said...

padded bobby pins.. those look very interesting. I liked taylor's hairstyle the best. I've been teetering back and forth between cutting off a decent amount of my hair. I keep getting closer but haven't quite got up the courage yet. maybe I'll use her photo as my inspiration for a back to school look
Great selection!

Dana (MODAna) said...

AWESOME POST!!
I give myself so much flack for not cutting my hair all special but it's just such a discomfort for me
I think it's great some girls can upkeep perpetually straight hair/bangs/color/layers/bobs
BTW I hope MK's hair is never in style...that's 5 steps beyond chic disheveled

Sydney said...

anna faris!

one of my favourites!

i would love to have a upside down reverse bob, but not with my face shape.

The Collector said...

I get so depressed when I see beautiful hair and read about beautiful hair. People with lovely thick luscious straight hair do not know how good they have it.

I guess I could do "Amber waves", but imo my hair still always looks messy *sigh*.

aizat.cinta.goddess said...

wow!love the style of all hairs!!

Aliena said...

Y love Gwyneth's bob, but totally impossible for me, as I have wavy hair and absolutely zero patience... So I'd stick with J-Lo, I'd love to have that hair!

giggleness said...

i adore taylor momsens hair. its so cute!

Mica said...

Great selcetion of styles :) I've been thinking about doing soemthign different with my hair for a while now, this post has given me some ideas, thanks :)

Songy said...

I always wonder about having a bang. Only time I had a fringe was when I was in my teens.. I never have any courage to change drastically. at least now I know my face doesn't really go with short hair-do.

thanks for the round-up!

Anonymous said...

i love the wavy hair. mmm!

wishwishwish.net
x

♔Jaimie said...

GREAT hair!!! and as far as the HB vs. Vogue for me, neither are really favorites, but I think I like HB better, because I am always disappointed in Vogue. Every once in a while, I'll see something useful or exciting, but I think HB catches my eye more while reading.

lara said...

great post about hair! I really like every hairstyle. I'm thinking of getting my hair done soon, and this post is a great inspiration!

Ace said...

Thanks so much for your comment! Your blog is fantastic, I love all the pictures!

MISS GLITZY said...

The endless story of trendy hair styles. I used to have bob haircut for years and find it funny to see it trendy.

Times of Glory said...

Dear, you are brilliant - pulling out all the gorgeous hair in fashion! I have to really say that I love big and strong fringes... I know they may not suit me, but they have that alluring effect xxxxxx

Tricia said...

i'm a big fan of bangs, but as i'm growing them out for a change I'm into the 70's waves, part down the middle.

Audrey Leighton said...

Hey,

I absolutely love your blog. Your style of writing and use of creativity makes your blog a must-read for me! I especially like the personal touches you had to your posts.

My name is Audrey Leighton Rogers, I am style editor for the Durham University newspaper and was wondering if you could take a look at my blog-
frassy-audrey.blogspot.com and let me know what you think?

It would be great if we could exchange links and could feature each other on our blogs? I am looking to improve my readership and I’m sure you wouldn’t mind an increase in readers either!

Anyway keep up the amazing work, and get back to me when you can!

Thanks,

Audrey Leighton Rogers

LuLu124 said...

beautiful!!!!! although i'm not really sure i could pull a bob off, i really love the curly/slightly messy long locks effect :))) xoxo, lulu

Elizabeth said...

With all these style options, I'm sure my hair will fit in somewhere!

Term Papers said...

There is a Tripartite Parting Question: Which of these hairstyles is YOURS, which are you totally LOVING, and are the two one and the same?Well my favorite picture is Martha Streck channeling Rachel Bilson at Gucci.


Term papers