Monday, July 8, 2013

Here Comes the Sun!

Darlings, as the festival season begins it’s worth remembering that as fabulous as it is to enjoy some summer sunshine (we’ve earned it after another arctic winter) it’s really important to protect against the summer as well. The quality of fake tans these days means there’s no excuse not to use sunscreen with proper UVA and UVB protection, and similarly there’s definitely no excuse not to protect your eyes.

As we all know, eyeballs don’t tan (just imagine how strange they’d look if they did!) so there’s really no reason not to ensure you protect them from the damaging UV rays. The gorgeous range of sunglasses out this summer means you’re spoilt for choice, and buying your specs should be a fun enterprise rather than a chore – no more wearing whatever uncomfortable pair your mum bought you like when you were a kid, you can choose your rims to suit your style.



Ray-Ban Wayfarers have been around since 1956, and look just as chic today as ever. Debbie Harry, Madonna and even Edward Cullen in the Twilight films have been known to wear Wayfarers, showing their simple style cuts across decades and means you can be certain they’ll be in style year after year.



Red Hot Sunglasses also offer that other perennial favourite: Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses. As the name suggests these were originally designed in the 1930s for pilots, which means they’re brilliant for protecting your eyes as they were designed with serious work in mind. However, this doesn’t mean the design has stayed entirely staid for the last 80 years; versions today include a variety of coloured lenses and different frames, both plastic and metal.

However, not everyone’s idea of eye protection involves ensuring they’re sporting the latest frames, for some it’s checking they’re suitable for sport! Oakley ski goggles might not sit pretty on a beach, but when you’re out on the slopes they’ll protect your eyes while being comfortable and looking great – it’s not just summer holidays where you need to make eye protection a priority.



But if you are more beach volleyball than skiing then Oakley Frogskins provide protection with simple fashion, not too fussy and just right for summer. Likewise, the Oakley Holbrook range offers practical but good looking frames, and since the styles are unisex you can buy a pair for your other half, with every intention of stealing them for yourself once you’re out together enjoying the summer at last.

xoxox,
CC

12 comments:

Cammila said...

Oh baby, Ray-Ban aviators are the hottest sunglasses of all time. Everybody looks awesome in them! Men, women, children; I'd bet if you put a chipmunk in aviators, it would look 100% badass. ;)

Unknown said...

I was just thinking I wanted a pair of classic wayfarers after 3 years of living in aviators! Hope you had a great 4th CC!

xo Mary Jo

p.s. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you - it's been a crazy long weekend but I will pop something in the mail to you in the next couple of days :)

Melissa said...

I love the Oakleys. x

Melissa
http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Chicago Chic said...

I love the first pair! I was just thinking today how I'd love a new pair of sunglasses!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

I like both the Ray Ban's and the Oakley's. The shape is great, and I bet both of them offer excellent protection.
Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog - Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

Anthea said...

Gotta love ray bans!

MOSAMUSE said...

nice selections!
xo
MOSAMUSE

www.MOSAMUSE.com

Midnight Cowgirl said...

I really want a pair of Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses :)

Cloudia said...

CC - When I moved to Hawaii 26 years ago, I knew that protecting my skin was MAJOR! Hat - big one, not ornamental; like the plantation ladies in the old photos. Yadda Yadda: most women my age think I'm younger than them! Walk on the shady side of the street! When sun is striking my bare skin, I hear a skin-youth meter running! It's second nature now and is paying off wonderfully! BTW I am a motorcyclist and lived on a boat in Waikiki for 20 years, so you CAN do it!

ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° > <3

Dear Girl Wallflower said...

I am looking at getting a new pair of sunnies too, I rather have one but pricey.

ravenlocks said...

I love Ray Ban aviators. They will always look fabulous because they're timeless and classic. Wayfarers are cool too...but they've become super trendy lately. I see them everywhere! :)

xo Azu

www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I probably buy the Ray-Ban wayfarers once a Summer, because they're so classic (and I keep on losing them). But I really want to give the Oakleys a go next Summer!