Friday, September 26, 2008

Everything In Between

We’ve covered flats, booties, and over-the knee styles, so now it’s time for the mid-calf roundup: everything from ankle to knee, with slouchy boots included!
Photos in this post via style.com except where otherwise credited.
FROM ANKLE TO MID-CALF:
At right:
Jean Paul Gaultier Couture
Alexandra Neel leather and suede Limousine ankle boot...
If you haven't tried Alexandra Neel before, it's time! Such luxuriously soft leather, CC can attest.
Chloé strap wrap open toe boots; this and next pair at intermixonline.com
Kors flannel rubber booties (CC is oddly drawn to this couturified "mucky duck" - did anyone else call them that??)
Diesel leather and suede mid flat boots with removable cuffs, at asos.com
Lella Baldi multicolor suede boot, via style.it
Manolo Blahnik brown snakeskin boot at Neiman Marcus. How chic and fabulous are these flat boots?
Stella McCartney sculptural wood wedge boots with gray patent leather upper, at net-a-porter.com. CC loves!
Emilio Pucci mid-calf black leather boot with tonal patent straps, at Bergdorf Goodman. (The sole is Pucci patterned - yay!)
BE A SLOUCH!
On the runways: 3.1 Phillip Lim and Balenciaga
Bronx Footwear Linus tall suede slouch rider boot. For this and next pair, visit shopbop.com
Paul & Joe Mighty Scrunch boot with buckle
Primadonna patent boot, pictured courtesy style.it
Bally Margana perforated leather slouch boot, currently on sale! This and next at net-a-porter.com
Stella McCartney Suedette boots
Steve Madden suede slouch boot at victoriassecret.com
Coach Jae boot – would be sooooo cute scrunched down, right?
CC is not normally a fan of the sweater boot, but this Patrizia Pepe platform knitted top boot is so adorable! Go to asos.com to buy.
FOR THE GENTS
Officine fold over high boots, at asos.com.

This weekend, tune in for fabulous lace-up boots and Wellies!!

40 comments:

WendyB said...

I'm looking forward to wearing the mid-calf, slouchy, cream-colored, studded boots my mother got in the '80s!

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i've always been drawn to the in-between styles, but i've always shied away. these are great options.

Ashleigh said...

the stella boots make my mouth water....they look hard to walk in...like you might just tip over...makes them all the more covetable :P

Sharon S said...

Hi there-loving all these posts, you've really inspired me to dig out all my different style boots for Autumn! Have a lovely weekend!

Sharon S said...

Hi there-Loving all your boots posts, very inspirational for Autumn! have a lovely weekend!

Dana (MODAna) said...

I love flat boots, if they're higher than ankles.
The Kors ones are crazy, I understand their appeal but I wouldn't buy them.
And the Balenciaga condom boots... EW.

La Belette Rouge said...

Those Chloe boots are amazing.

Missa said...

The only thing better than a pair of flats is a pair of boots! Love the brown suede slouchy ones and I can't wait for your lace-ups and wellies post!

Izzy said...

thanks for the comment, sweetness! you have *exquisite* taste in shoes!

Seeker said...

Great choices!
Those short lenght boots are so pretty, but I can't wear them, don't look good on my legs. Well, if with a skirt...

Have a nice time ;)

xoxo

leeselooks said...

carrie- you are giving me major shoe envy.

SO i am seriously trying SOOOOOOOOO hard not to purchase those Stella M. boots... what do you think??? i mean would they be an investment ? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

Myriam said...

Love your blog! And so nice boots!

Deb said...

They all are fab, I found you through Sharon Rose. Deb

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

I DIE for the Kors and Stella McCartney. Love this shape of boot in general though :)

Siljesfashion said...

Love the Stella boots, although the price is insane since its not leather.

Unknown said...

I love slouch boots but if they're too tight at the ankle, they do not look right! it has to be the perfect slouch! loving the Stella McCartney's

Q8 fashionista said...

love Chloe boots!!

jess said...

The slouchy boots look great

Rich Hippie said...

Inlove with the Stella MCc's!!!

leeselooks said...

hi lady love.

thanks for your reply.

my thoughts exactly. i think i just needed someone to set me straight again !!!:) they are just so captivating...

chauss said...

love all booties! and dont forget ysl tribute too platform booties :)

L\ said...

I've always wanted a pair of short ankle boots, ut I have long legs and didn't think they would look good... I do love tall ones

And you were correct.

Da Fashionista said...

the chloe and the stella for me please!

Lissa said...

Oh shoes--my fetish is unhealthy.
By the way, I just posted my second vlog! Tell me if you like it!

Susanna-Cole King said...

I love the bite of Shark Week, but gosh, Shoe Week is so much more beautiful! And to be frank, I think you can get the same adreliene rush from seeing shoes as you can from seeing sharks up close! haha :D

And aw, no problem! Someone filled me in on that flash copying trick years ago, and I'm happy to pass it on! It's very helpful! ;)

xoxo,
S-C

Elizabeth said...

A high-heeled duck boot! Wowee.

Diego R. Wyatt said...

Love the new look CC! The Emilio Pucci's are my faves. (They indulge my rebellious side). I actually prefer these mid rises over the knee-length and ankle boots

♥ Cara Mia ♥ said...

yeah, i'm pretty much loving the stella mccartneys!!!

Miranda said...

i'm in love.<3
haha why cc why?! shoes are my kryptonite!

AusAnna said...

the boot season is over for us, but i loved rocking the mid calf while it was here. The Emilio Pucci are def my fav's.
x

Joanna Goddard said...

these shoes are just LOVELY! what a brilliant round-up.

Anonymous said...

I love the look of mid-calf boots but the make me look so stumpy! All these boots are so awesome though!

Songy said...

gautier boots will make me very happy even if I don't get to wear them. considering the heels.. it will be very very uncomfortable to walk around for a long time won't it? mr. cunningham's commentary is ringing in my ear.. (it's all about shoes this season! no bags but just shoes!)

ROSA E OLIVIER said...

fabulouse!...and couture...is poetry...Yves-saint-laurent!

"te amo em silencio
e só o silencio sabe."

kisses...more and more...

MY OWN YELLOW CAT said...

The pic number 7!

Anonymous said...

I'm absolutely head over heels with this trend <3

Trish Baluyot said...

Im craving for boots. Ima buy a pair if i have the money already.

Carolina Lange said...

I love them all! Amazing post! My favourite is the Chloè bootie!

kokostiletto said...

another great post! i love thick boots - they make my legs look thinner!

ryder said...

Jean Paul Gaultier Couture
oh yes!