Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Guest Post: Bagpoor by James Michael White

Darlings, CC is so excited to introduce a special spring handbag forecast by blogger extraordinaire James Michael White of Bagpoor!

To quote one of my favorite Project Runway hopefuls, Santino Rice, “lighten up, it’s just fashion.” That’s the approach that most prominent designers are taking with this spring’s handbag collections. The luxurious neutrals and ladylike classics that took center stage on the fall runways have been replaced with bold designs that will undoubtedly get you noticed.


Bright Hues – Make a statement this season with bold color choices. Sophisticated designers like Oscar de la Renta, Bottega Veneta, and Jason Wu incorporated this trend into their spring collections, in the form of extravagant exotic skins.


Boho Glam – Quite a few designers are taking a decidedly casual approach for spring, employing fringe detailing to achieve the ultimate bohemian chic look. Check out these fringed cross-body options from Roberto Cavalli, Chrisitan Dior, and Emilio Pucci.


Glimmering Metallics – Inject a touch of glamour into your spring wardrobe with a show-stopping metallic clutch. These shimmering selections were featured in the Dries Van Noten, Gucci, and Armani Privé runway shows.


Crisp Whites – Embrace effortless minimalism with these stark white styles from Celine, Chloé, and Alexander Wang. Note the clean lines and gold-tone hardware.

Whichever handbag styles you choose, don’t be afraid to take a risk and have fun with fashion this spring.

48 comments:

Tara @ Haute Lunch said...

Great guest post! I love the Dior bag! Very fun!

-Tara

erika sorocco said...

What a great guest post! I have actually been looking for a new bag for the spring/summer months, and am thinking on investing in a fringe-adorned piece! :)

Nadine2point0 said...

Great picks - need a white purse!

Анна said...

amazing pictures!
So PRETTY!!
I dream of a white clutch..

Unknown said...

cool post!!!




xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

The Anthology said...

YAY! I love, love, love interesting handbags. Makes me want to pull out some of my more creative ones.

*Kelsey

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

Love the post and love the bags!

Lindley said...

omg, i'll take one of each :)
-lindley
www.korculastyle.blogspot.com

Dilan Dilir said...

like!:D

Mruna Mistry said...

Totally love the fringed bags!

none said...

totally love the bold colour for spring!!
gorgeous statement and investment pieces i think
i dont really like prints for bag though


xoxo
little miss fhenny

Anonymous said...

Great guest post. I would love to try a white handbag this spring, so chic!

Anonymous said...

Nice post...the bags are adorable.
thx you for sharing.

xoxo Anna

http://villagegirl79.blogspot.com/

Tights Lover said...

Excellent post by James! I'm especially liking the cross body options he picked out!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i adore the white chloe. it makes me squeal! LOVE the post, bagpoor!

Oh to Be a Muse said...

what a great assortment of bags. i like the glimmering metallics!

Anonymous said...

Awesome post!! I totally agree - always take a chance on accessories as they make such a huge statement in the outfit.

xoxo,
melrod

The Mad Twins said...

these bags are awesome!

xxx The Mad Twins

Trendsetters said...

You've made such an inspiring post :)
Really like your blog, I've decided to follow, starting from now!

Come visiting and following back if you want!

xx
http://theothersideoftrendsetters.blogspot.com/

Katy Mary said...

I love all of the bag trends he featured!

NADIA ABOULHOSN said...

ahhh id die to have that white clutch!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

The fringe look is so fun to wear! I just hope the long fringe won't get stuck/trapped by the door though!

xo*

Pretty Zesty said...

Great picks. I love that fringe!

jess said...

The bags are so nice.

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

I especially like the metallics!
Fab guest post. Take care!

thingsIlove said...

I like the bright color ones!

Audrey Allure said...

Great guest post - love the bright colored bags!

MY REPUBLIC OF FASHION said...

This is a great post! Loving the Boho Glam and Glimmering Metallics. Perfect bags! :)SArahD x

Gorgeous Glam said...

Great post! Love them, fringe is winning my heart...!

Orchid said...

I love Dior bags
Great post




http://orchid-orchidea.blogspot.com/

Jess said...

I think the bright colored purses are my favorite trend. Have my eye on a blue one right now!

The Chocolat said...

OHH so nice post :)

UN-stitched said...

I love all of these! Especially the fringed pieces.
christine
http://un-stitched.com/

Climb2Nowhere said...

I love those bags. I always want a nice, crisp white bag but don't think it'd stay that way for very long.

Unknown said...

all great styles...the hot pink clutch is my favorite. Hope you have a great day!

Marcia B. said...

I need to go bag shopping now! Great work James!

Michael St. James said...

Thank you for featuring me Carrie. It was a pleasure to share my obsession with your readers.

MELISSA Z. said...

in love with fluo clutch, great post! <3

www.abitoffashion.com

ediot said...

thanks for sharing this guest post.
it's a great one. i love these bags- esp the green one in the first collage

xx

Kristin H said...

Hey James, great post and great seeing you here! Best!

The Blonde Duck said...

I just got a new white DB purse for summer!

Maddy said...

I adore a pop of color in my accessories :)

For The Love Of Fashion And Other Things said...

Love the bags :) gOing to be trying all those trends :)
XX

http://fortheloveoffashionandotherthings.blogspot.com

Dilan Dilir said...

lovely post!

Kashaya said...

Great post! I loved all of the bags.

Rachella - flourishingfit.com said...

Ooh, i love bold colors. thepurple shoes are perfect xoxo

www.majormusthaves.com said...

All of the bags are amazing!!!