Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pretty Pencil Skirts

Perfect pencils, darlings!
Fashion Flashback: Korean Numero, May 2009.
Runway photos via except where noted.
Burberry Prorsum
Carmen Marc Valvo, via
Christopher Kane
Christian Dior
Dolce & Gabbana

Mary Katranzou
No. 21
United Bamboo
Veronique Leroy
Vivienne Westwood Red Label
Yigal Azrouel
Yves Saint Laurent

Jenni Kayne back zip leather miniskirt; this and next five at
Opening Ceremony bandage rib skirt.
Only Hearts herringbone pencil skirt.
James Perse stretch jersey skirt.
Hervé Léger sporty pencil skirt.
7 for All Mankind denim pencil skirt.
K Karl Lagerfeld Belmont tweed skirt; this and next seven at
Diane von Furstenberg Martia pencil skirt.
Jason Wu Levi embroidered tweed skirt.
Helmut Lang Cellophane print stretch-silk skirt.
Zac Posen paneled jacquard pencil skirt.
Alice by Temperley navy silk-blend polka-dot skirt.
Jil Sander ruffle-trimmed navy wool-crepe pencil skirt.
Just Cavalli zebra-print pencil skirt.

Opening Ceremony seamed pencil skirt, at
Which pencil do you prefer, darling?


the red bungalow said...

That No. 21 Blue Floral/Abstract skirt is gorgeous. Would love to add something like this to my work wear collection. :)

Bre @

Helen said...

... sure wish I had all those pencil skirts my mommy made me in the 50's! Perfect for today!

nookie said...

pencil skirt are awesome, love the Lanvin one

nuheila said...

I adore also that No.21 skirt-it's perfect.
Have a wonderful weekend Carrie!


Grace said...

I like pencil skirts. That herringbone one is the best!

Amanda Lee said...

i live for pencil skirts! i love the helmut lang, jil sander & the jenni kanye one!


Simply Luxurious said...

Am saving this post because a pencil skirt is something that my closet needs more abundance of. Thank you for the post!

michelle_ said...

pencil skirt is back and its better than ever 1

have a nice weekend !
MICHELLE || Glisters and Blisters


I love pencil skirts! They show off a woman's shape so beautifully =) xo

electric feel said...

the burberry collection is dope!

stilettolover91 said...

Fantastic skirts!!! I love them all!!

Niky Casadei said...

Love the black one with white stripes <3

Maria Tavares said...

Great choices ans inspirations :D

Inés said...

love the pink skirt

Emma said...

Love these! I suddenly feel the urge to ransack my mom's closet(:


English Rose ♥ said...

Very professional chic - fab collection as always!

Merci beaucoup for your lovely comments darling =]

Stay safe and chic ma chérie,
English Rose x

Katy Howieson said...

Hi thanks for the comment, these pencil skirts are gorgeous. I wish i could pull them off.

Also thought i'd inform you of a give away of one of my hairbands on starting on monday

I will of course link it on my blog -


Allison said...

I adore pencil skirts - that's almost all I wear to work everyday and they are perfecttt :)

janettaylor said...

We can't go wrong with pencil skirt. :)

joannapple said...


Lady Thirty said...

lovely skirts!

lady thirty

Samantha said...

Pencil skirts are very in. I've been meaning to get a floral one, black one, and polka dot one. Love.

Kristin said...

SO vamp! Totally dig the pink bandage number!

Ruth loves said...

Pencil skirts are stunning! The Lanvin one is cute!
I used to have a black one from Dorothy Perkins

Have a great week gorgeous!

Love, Ruth xxx

Christen said...

There is nothing more flattering than a great pencil skirt!

Erika said...

Christian Dior has my heart - absolutely love it!! :)

Hobo ........ ........ ........ said...

I love frills - That is a special attraction for fashion.

MizzJ said...

I'm really loving Mary Katranzou these days all the pieces are so original and interesting! Pencil skirts are super flattering and sexy, I just can't get enough of them!

Do you have what it takes to make anything sexy? Enter the Sweatpant Sexy Challenge to find out & you could win some massive prizes!

Marian said...

that is a yummy line up! im really into pencil skirts with awkward proportions in a Prada kind of way, from midi lengths to awakard a few inches after the knee. I think they can be so interesting when styled right but i guess they are a tad tricky.
happy wknd hun bun

Laura Trevey said...

these are HOT!!

The Outfit of the day said...

Changing a little the subject would be a great idea to put Celine collection...the leather pieces are to die for. Have a great weekend!!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Love this makes me nostalgic actually. I used to have this fabulous tweed pencil skirt that I absolutely ADORED and wore all the time to it doesn't fit any more. Sadness. Lol.

I hope you're having a fab weekend! xoxo

Kristin Hjellegjerde said...

You can never beat a woman in a pencil skirt.
Always shining with elegance power!

S.Elisabeth said...

Pencil skirts-- the epitome of sleek and sophisticated, a classic shape to last all time! Love them so much.

dancinginchiffon said...

Love all!

OooKellyNicky said...

Awesome blog! You can never go wrong with a pencil,

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Very good choices Carrie. Enjoy your day!

not a girl not yet a woman! said...

I m addicted to pencil skirts!!!!

TMAR said...

I just bought a black one but now....I want a fun one!

Maxie said...

pencil skirts are so feminine

HiFashion said...

Pencil skirts are the perfect amount of glamour+ professionalism! I love the Helmut Lang skirt.

Couture said...

I like the skirts from Korean Numero, May 2009!!

Girl Japan: April Marie said...

Oh yea.. bring on the 50's.. I'm totally for it, hair wise too!!!

Clochette said...

I love those inspirations, the yves saint laurent silhouette is just wonderful !

glaykisdolcevita said...

i like dolce cabanna...pencil skirt!

meraldia said...

Very feminine design!

Vicki said...

Love these pencil skirts!! I never really liked them til i got a lovely checked one recently! so elegant, not the easiest to run in when im late! :)
vicki xo

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Wow, the variety of colors here is amazing!! Who would've thought the good ol' pencil skirt could be so ecsentric!

Noémie K said...

What a lovely post*
I love this selection.
Thanks for sharing this*
Have a wonderful week-end !

COCAMIA said...

Pencil skirts are a must! A great basic skirt that it's flattering and classic!

rossovelvet said...

Love them, I always wear mine !