Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Interview with Fellow Fashionista Audrey of "Frassy"

5 Questions for Style Writer Audrey Leighton, an English Literature major at Durham University

CC met Fellow Fashionista Audrey on blogger and is pleased and honored to share with you an interview with the stylish young writer . . . Keep an eye on this gal, as CC knows she is going places!!

1. You are bilingual (as am I). How did you learn your second language?
I have lived in Spain for 8 years and was forced into first language Spanish classes from day one. So it just rolled from there.

2. What are the best and worst parts of working at a newspaper?
The best part about working at a newspaper is the actual writing of articles. It is so satisfying opening the paper and seeing my style section exactly the way I had imagined it in my head. The worst part, hmm maybe distribution, where we as, newspaper staff stand outside in the cold on the streets and hand out papers to students. It is fun for a little while but then the cold creeps into your bones and you just want to go inside!

3. Let's talk fashion: What are your top 5 dream picks for fall (money is no object)?
5 dream picks for fall would be: Jimmy Choo's Fringed Suede Boots, Tomato Red Feather Bustier Dress by Alexander McQueen (for formal events), the Prada lace dress, an Alberti Ferretti Purple Coat, and the Hermes Paisley bag. If only I could actually afford to buy these five beauties!

4. How did your interest in style evolve and who are your primary fashion influences?
My interest evolved from Zara, the fashion shop. I went in there with my mother when I was twelve and I was pretty much mesmerized. Soon enough, all my money was being spent on clothes and now I am a full-fledged addict. My primary fashion influences are Sienna Miller, Nicole Richie...I like girls who pull off style in a casual, quirky way. Street-style is the most inspirational and many ideas have developed from pictures on the Sartorialist or hel-looks.

5. Where were you ten years ago, and where do you see yourself ten years hence?
Ten years ago I was 9, so I was probably collecting stickers and playing with beanie babies. lol. Ten years from now I'd love to be in a job at Vogue or any acclaimed fashion magazine. I would also love to have finished my novel and maybe have an apartment in Paris.

Check out Audrey’s blog, Frassy, at http://frassy-audrey.blogspot.com/ . . . Audrey interviewed CC, too!

And don't worry, darlings, I haven't abandoned the ABCs of fall fashion - today's post, "A is for Armadillo" can be found below!

xoxox,
CC

29 comments:

Billyjo Jupiter said...

thnx just saw ur comment about mah sketch .. i LOVE fashion im gonna add u to mah blog list

Jocelyn said...

hey thanks for stopping by! jeez, i wish i could have your closet! it bet it is amazing!

Arielle said...

nice interview. I like her top 5 pics and the outfit in the picture. It's a perfect way of pairing a comfortable piece with a more sophisticated one.

Smara said...

Thanks! I was afraid it wouldn't fit, haha!

Siljesfashion said...

How cool, thanks for sharing this!

Laura in Paris said...

oh, fashio, please don't ask ME the five questions!

Ella Gregory said...

Great interview!

Anonymous said...

Thanks CC, that was really nice of you. I'm gonna take your advice and do just that.

Calming Corners said...

Great interview thanks for sharing

Katarina Kühl ~ PencilFashion said...

thank you, i'm honoured :) the picture of audrey leighton is great, i really like her pose!

Daniela Valdez said...

I was concerned cause I didn't translate my last post, but u r bilingual, I'm glad u understand what I write. Is that girl 19? OMG!

Nicole Linette said...

Oh, those are definitley great fashion picks. Nice interview!

And those Miu Miu heels for fall ... ohhh jeez they are incredible!! XD I always love their shoes, so out-of-the-box.

peace&love
nicole.

Angela said...

CC, what a great interview. tres savvy!

shopinchic said...

Great interview!

BTW-I am holding a contest on my blog! So check it out if you can
and spread the word. It ends on
Saturday...

Seeker said...

Great interview.
Thanks for sharing with us.

xoxo

Sienna said...

Her outfit is adorable!

..... said...

oh cool idea carrie ! now i wanna read books to look smart !!

Songy said...

very interesting. she is sooo young too! :)

it seems like Prada's lacy dress stole a lot of girls heart.

xxx songy

oh CC calling me stylish.. i'm all blushed. :P incredibly flattered.
I'm up to nothing interesting. trying to catch up on fellow bloggers posts.. there are 80 to read!!! enjoying tho. :)

Hanne said...

Nice interview, interesting reading:) I will definitely check out her blog:)

Kate @ Tres Lola said...

seems like a top chick.... shall go browse her wee corner of the web :)

Sydneydoll said...

i want to do english at university.

sienna miller has some lovely clothes.

Audrey Leighton said...

oops, will get photo sorted today! sorry! this has been fun! xxxxx

Audrey Leighton said...

hey, the photo is working now. do let me know if it isnt working...it shows up on my browser.
awww, everyone is so sweet, loved doing this with you!

take care gorgeous, ill keep coming back for more couture carrie, its like an addiction! xxxx

Mónica said...

Dream is free... I guess, I would love to work at Vogue too, but I think it's really difficult, not impossible though. I love her t-shirt.

♔Jaimie said...

she looks a bit like kristen cavalerri dontcha think? lol

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I'm looking forward to learning my ABC's! ^_^

we wear things said...

oooh she's fabulous! love her photo too!

-issa

Anthea said...

Miss Couture Carrie What a great interview!!

LuLu124 said...

awww she sounds like such a lovely and talented girl!!!! great interview CC!!! :) xoxo, lulu