Friday, August 1, 2008

Chocoholic

Rich chocolate brown shades are definitely on the menu for fall, on everything from gowns to gauchos. These delicious hues have CC positively melting!! The best part about the chocoholic trend? You won't gain an ounce!

Jean Paul Gaultier's floor length confection sets the scene . . .
Runway photos via style.com.
Carolina Herrera
Elie Saab
Akris
Donna Karan
Richard Chai


Burberry Prorsum
The accessories are dark and delectable as well!
At Carolina Herrera, there were "hunting chic" hats and boots in rich chocolate hues.



Natasha Poly in a brown newsboy cap and dark lipstick at D&G
And at Dolce & Gabbana, it wasn't just handbags and chapeaus that got in on the trend - check out the chocolate nail lacquer - yum!


What to buy, you ask? Well, naturally, chocolate brown accessories are sweet!
Not to put too fine a point on it, but Loeffler Randall Matilde flat wedge boots are really the cream of the crop. Go to shopbop.com to buy.
Delman kitten heel crocodile pump, at Bergdorf Goodman
Jean Paul Gaultier ankle bootie with side strap, at shopbop.com - these look good enough to eat

At left: The Urban Shoe Myth!
Manolo Blahnik dark brown Mary Jane, at Neiman Marcus
Below:
Dooney & Bourke medium logo lock satchel. Visit Dooney.com

Givenchy large Cracked Nightingale bag, at Barneys New York



Chloe large Heloise bag, at Aloha Rag New York. Go to aloharag. com
If solid brown is a bit too conservative for your downtown taste, not to worry! Chocolate is a friend to all, including brights!
Davis by Ruthie Davis Walnut & Grape Nut Heel at Kitson Boutique, Los Angeles. Visit shopkitson.com to buy this fierce footwear!
Tory Burch Happy clutch, at shopbop.com
Lockheart brown and green Kate Theory bag, at Kitson
Michael Kors trapeze coat, at net-a-porter.com
Notify Treated Azalee flare jean, at shopbop.com.
A touch of polyurethane gives this denim a leather-like sheen: a sassy alternative to the slick black jean!!
Castle Starr vortex print dress.
Visit revolveclothing.com to purchase.


Robert Rodriguez bubble skirt, at shopbop.com.
Above:
Black Halo colorblock belted bustier dress, at chickdowntown.com.
Note that dark brown can be worn with gray, black, or both!
Right:
Sonia by Sonia Rykiel bow detail knit dress.
Visit net-a-porter.com to buy.
DKNY Alice print silk scarf dress. Go to shopbop.com.


Development tank with bow, at chickdowntown.com.
Chocolate and silver, an unlikely combination (unless you are a Hershey's Kiss!), look scrumptious together, non?



Robert Rodriguez lace blousant silk-twill blouse, at shopbop.com - sexy and sultry!
Twenty8Twelve Claudia leather jacket, also at shopbop.com - a modern take on the leather bomber - quite chic (and we'd expect no less from Miss Sienna Miller and her sister)!

CC won't say that brown is the new black, but chocolate and black definitely match! Don't be afraid to mix brown with brights, too!
Conspicuous chocolate consumption is the name of the game, darlings!

xoxox,
CC

37 comments:

Siljesfashion said...

Love this color, its so rich an beautiful. Cant wait to wear my new Gucci handbag-which is in this color for fall. Also, I am craving those Loeffler Randal boots..

♔Jaimie said...

ugh howd you know? im obsessed with browns lately!

Unknown said...

mmmmm, delicious fall colors they are gorgeous!! Love Ruthie Davis.

Coffee's for closers said...

Chocolate is always a good choice, I love almost everything in this post!
Well, thanks for your comments and I'll visit your blog very often, I promise :)

Claudia said...

Your writing at the beginning made me laugh.. 'you won't gain an ounce'. As always a very inspiring post. I don't get how you do this, all those trends, with a lot of examples. It's always a pleasure to read your blog. :)

Crave said...

I am in LOVE with all the Carolina Herrara collection for fall!! The hats are great and I'm on the hunt of for one of my own!

Have a great weekend!

Sharon S said...

The Burberry trousers and Givenchy bag are both divine!!

Tricia said...

if it's as rich as that first dolce, yes!

lara said...

Great colour for fall. I'm so obsessed with your posts :) I love how you show so many different facets of one look or colour :)

Aliena said...

I know now why you asked about the color of that dress! I think i could do with those jpg ankle boots... yes definitely!

Alegra said...

La verdad, no me gusta demasiado el color Chocolate. Pero en un look casual lo acepto. Lo que sí: espantosos los vestidos all brown.
Besoss!
Muy buen post

Clara Sheller said...

So long CC!!!! so good for burnettes!
When is the post on hair comming???I can´t wait!

K.Line said...

Wow. You've featured some seriously beautiful things!

Angela said...

love brown, but has to be warm chocolate else i just look wash out. the givenchy bag you pick is very savvy.

Sienna said...

Oh my, I love the chocolate brown. What a lovely selection of pictures.. I'm really loving the Burberry Porsum look..that hat is so cute.

shopinchic said...

This is a hot color for fall!I am soooo loving the Dooney and Bourke bag,Twelve By Twelve jacket and
the hot Notify jeans.

Hunters Glory said...

Love the worn torn jeans!

your blog is always full of interesting pics and info!

love coming here!

Alison said...

Those brown boots are incredible! Where are they from??

Anthea said...

Great brown post :) Guess what! I don't have bravotv, I watch Project Runways on youtube. You have to look around and each episode is usually in five pieces, but it's great !

agnes said...

"The best part about the chocoholic trend? You won't gain an ounce!"

this is definitely the quote of the day.. lol

Nikki said...

i'm not a fan of brown, and i look at my closet and find only a handful of brown items. i do, however, like looking at these lovelies! good one carrie =)

http://pursuitingstyle.blogspot.com

Missa said...

I like browns always but they are especially perfect for fall :)

Emma Waldorf said...

One of the two things I love the most, Fashion & Chocolate!!!

Songy said...

oh yes yes yes .. my absolute favourite colour!!!! Akris, Richard Chai.. I should try those looks before the season's end...

xxx songy

Style Spot said...

I adore rich chocolate brown, the colour oozes of glamour and elegance! I really need to get a dress in that colour!

xxx

Penny said...

I don't own any brown clothes, apart from leather things like a belt or bags. I don't know why, it's just never a colour that I wear, but all of these items are gorgeous! Maybe I will give brown a try...

Mimi said...

Ok maybe I don't like chocolate that much but right now brown is one of the colors I wear the most.I remember a few years ago I hated.
Like always you did an awesome job.

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

these chocolate pieces look good! rich and luxury ;)

Guapóloga said...

Beautiful outfits! I'm not very sure the color is flattering to all the skin colours, it's a hard shade, I think...

Yo soy el ala eco-chic del blog, me gusta pensar que la moda y el cuidado al ambiente pueden prolongar y mejorar nuestra vida :D

Thanks for your comment in my post!!

Zoe

LuLu124 said...

love love looove this trend!!!! i just adore chocolate, not only eating it, but seeing it in color. so this trend is just simply deliciously perfect for me come fall :) xoxo, lulu

polkadotqueen said...

Adore some of the outfits. Seriously digging the shoes + bags. Unfortunately I can not pull off brown tops/dresses for my life. I either end up looking like a librarian or a pile of poo. o.o

Christina said...

I love cholate brown for the fall especially leather jackets.

Elizabeth said...

Chocolate brown is such a great color for gowns. Nobody ever wears it! It's always prevalent in shoes and bags and coats, but I wish more people would wear it BIG, like how you show it.

Tani Lezama said...

hi CC! i have to say... i love shoes!... my birthday is december 19th ;P just joking =)

i have to take some shots for my website and... i would love to have one model of your blog!!!

have you seen my blog? the tami sami one?

kisses!

Tani

TIG said...

Love all the chocolate, especially the JPG dress on Stam, and the Robert Rodriguez blouse! Another beautiful round-up :)

Anastacia said...

I love the wavyish hair, i need to know how they create it without it looking completely wild. I like your last post about the jeans any thoughts on a good black skinny pair?

The Collector said...

I'm liking all of this brown. I've got a few pairs of brown shoes that I would like to wear more. Although I know brown can be worn with different colours (even black) - you know me I like to be tonal :)